Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Living Life And Enjoying Max

Work has been keeping my occupied during the day and I just haven’t felt like being on the computer after I get Max down lately. I’ve been catching up on all the TV shows I had on the DVR. I’m not bouncing off the wall with giddy happiness or anything. Nor am I moping around in a depressed haze. I’m just keeping busy and enjoying my family and catching up with friends while I wait, wait, wait to try again.

My son is such a character. Tonight he was watching a DVD while I ate dinner with my mom and while I cleaned up. He was watching Baby Beethoven™ Symphony of Fun DVD and all of a sudden he just started laughing and laughing and laughing. I had to go look to see what tickled his funny bone so much. It was just two puppets clowning around. It made me laugh to hear him.

Usually, when I put in a DVD I ask him to choose which one he wants. I only give him two choices. It’s amazing to see him study the covers and choose. Sometimes, it is a difficult choice for him; it is like he wants them both. Others it is easy and before I can ask, he is touching the case to the one he wants. Occasionally, he will not pick either one until I go back into the till and give him two different choices. He almost always picks the one he hasn’t seen in awhile. Tonight, I just started the last one that was played and he made it clear he was so not in the mood with his disinterest, walking over to hug on me and get bites of my dinner even though he just had his, etc. When I asked him which one he wanted and he picked the Baby Beethoven™, he sat quietly and intently watching it. Very funny kid.

In the mornings, after I get him out of the crib we cuddle and I rock him until he slides out of my lap and is ready to start his day. Lately, he has been playing with the clock radio I have on his night stand. He has become an expert on turning on and off the ocean sounds and the radio. He is just so pleased with himself. The other day when he was still getting the knack of it, I was holding the radio so it didn’t go sliding off the table. He decided he didn’t want or need that much help and pushed my hand away. I laughed and moved it, but put it next to the radio still effectively preventing it from falling. As soon as I moved it off the radio, he went back to exploring and pressing all the buttons. After a delayed reaction, he decided that my hand was STILL too close and pushed at it again until I removed it entirely. Maybe you had to be there, but it was just too funny. Already, he is making it clear that he didn’t want or need my help. LOL. Ahh, my baby is growing up to be such an independent explorer.

The best gifts Max has received lately were some used toys from an SMC friend the other day that her kids had outgrown. She brought over a Little Tykes Car Wagon (my name, not the official one that I am too tired to go look up) and something called First Climber that has a little platform with stairs on one side and a small slide on the other. Every other toy he received for his birthday got (for the most part) a brief play and then he has moved on to something else. These two things he keeps going back to time and time again to play with. Of course, he is somewhat of a kamikaze kid and needs to be watched like a hawk when he is near them to avoid serious injury, but that is pretty much par for the course these days no matter what he is doing.

Max is quite the adventurer these days. He pushes the Blue Dog Rocker Toy from my cousin to a surface, let’s just say the coffee table, and then uses it as a tool to climb up onto the coffee table where he proceeded to stand up and start walking. He only got a few steps in before he was swept up into my arms. :-) When he isn’t doing that he is putting his feet where his butt should go and madly rocking back and forth. Needless to say, THAT toy sits behind the baby barricade unless I am directly watching him. He has also started to use Shadow as a horsy and step stool. Shadow actually tolerates this fairly well, but I am repeatedly saying “Max, Shadow is not a xxx, please don’t do that.”

If you think that Max doesn’t know I don’t want him to do something, HA HA HA, think again. When he is thinking about doing something he knows I do not want him too, he starts shaking his head no, no, no, no, no – quite vigorously. Sometimes he even says, no, no, no. It is like he is reminding himself that it is off limits/out of bounds. Occasionally, he moves on and doesn’t do it. Often, he looks at me to see if I am paying attention and if he can get away with it before making a decision. Sometimes, he gives it a try anyway, just to see if he can get away with it. Tonight, when he was standing on his fire truck walking/riding/push toy, which was another Birthday present, I would say, NO FEET, on your bottom please, and he would sit down on it until I looked away, then he would try it all over again. Repeat about 20 times until he decided to move on to another toy. It is very funny to see.

Max is walking a lot now. He still looses his balance easily and takes tentative calculated steps when he does walk. He drops to a crawl or spider crawl when he is in a hurry to get where he wants to go. He is an expert fast, fast, fast crawler; and, for at least a few more days, a much slower walker. You should just see his face when he is walking, especially for a long way. He is just so proud of himself and his accomplishment. It is, yet again, very funny to see.

So, I am just living life enjoying my son and watching him grow and develop and learn right before my very eyes. And, I’m waiting for my period to arrive so I can try, once again, another cycle for another child. I am almost positive I didn’t ovulate this month and the follicle visualized on the last u/s is a cyst that I hope will be absorbed by the time the next go round starts. I’m not really worried that my period will come late as a result, I am very regular and my period comes on cue whether I am on mega doses of progesterone or not. If I had ovulated, my period would have probably come early. Since I didn’t, I expect it pretty much on schedule in about a week.

No comments: