Friday, March 31, 2006

Already Happening

It is already starting to happen. My little guy is starting to pick things up from other kids. The last day or two, he has been taking the back of his hand and putting it over his mouth and making waa waa waa noises. It is really very cute. I need to get it on tape before he moves on to something new. I’ve been thinking, where did he learn that? I didn’t think he came up with it on his own and he sure didn’t get it from me and the only TV he gets is a few times a week quick weather channel check and a few times a week a Baby Einstein DVD. I asked Naomi today when he was doing that if he learned that from kids at the park. She laughed and said yes. Wow. Who knew it started happening so young?

In other news, I’m thinking that maybe Max has a new tooth on the way. It would be his first and I can’t actually see any sign of one. It’s just that he has been a bit fussy on and off lately and he isn’t typically a fussy kid. And, the other night, had an elevated temperature of 99.4. Tylenol took care of it and no sign of a cold/cough or any other illness. And, his sleeping/napping has been erratic. Hmmm. Maybe just a growth spurt, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I guess time will tell.

I got a call from the crematorium asking me what I wanted to put on the plaque of the “urn” for Lucky. I ordered a Rock for the garden. I told them I had to think about it and finally came up with the following:

Lucky
Thank you for the love, loyalty and devotion.
Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge.
March 26, 2006

For reference to the rainbow bridge, go to http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm.

I called them to tell them what I wanted and they said I had 3 lines with 22 characters per line including space and punctuation. What the hell can you say in that amount of space? Just about nothing.

I am so angry with Target right now. I’d like to say I would never shop there again, but I probably will. However, I am going to shop there less. I went to return a bunch of things (Diapers Max has outgrown, a pitcher I got to mix formula that leaks, and some dog treats I had bought for Lucky (Shadow does not and will not eat them). I had 3 boxes of CheewEz Rolls and 1 other Mighty Bone Treat. And, only 2 boxes of the CheewEz Rolls and the 1 Mighty Bone treat were not on “that” receipt, which was the only one I brought with me. The told me that they would have to give me a store credit and I could only buy something else in the same department. I burst into tears and said what sense does that make since my dog just DIED I didn’t want to buy anything else in that department. The girl (looked young enough that she had to be a high school drop out) walked away without saying anything to me and got what was supposed to be a supervisor who looked as young (and stupid) as the first girl helping me who asked “what seems to be the problem here? I explained the situation to which she responded, I’m sorry about your problem (in a voice that didn’t indicate she was very sorry at all), but that is store policy. I just walked away and left it there. I KNOW that I am a bit over sensitive right now, but still. Can you use some f’riken common sense? I don’t think I can shop in that store for awhile.

I spent more on Max and bought him more outfits today since the kid was born. I bought an Easter outfit and another summer type outfit at Target that I think I will take back just because I am still pissed off at them and get something at Carters. Plus, I think my mom may be getting him an outfit. Then, at Costco, I got him a PFD (personal floatation device), 3 swim suits with matching tops, a top/pants outfit, and a sleeper. Hey, the price was right and he didn’t have any swimsuits yet (and I have a pool in the back yard so we will be in it quite a bit). I have been very fortunate to have so much given to me that I have had to buy very little so far. It was kind of fun.

I’m meeting up with some SMC friends for a night at a family beach house for the weekend. It has been on the books for awhile and I debated about going after I found out Lucky was ill, then when she died. But decided last night, that it would be good to go and be around others rather than mopping around home remembering last weekend as Lucky quickly declined, sleeping on the floor with her Saturday night, and loosing her on Sunday morning. My dog walker is going to come on Saturday night and Sunday morning to walk Shadow; give Shadow her medicine, and make sure that Shadow and City Boy have food/water. And, my niece agreed to sleep over and give the animals some love and attention. Now that I am not in as much shock and coming to terms with the loss, I have really been watching Shadow and she is grieving in her own silent, stoic way. I feel bad and a bit guilty for leaving her, but I have made the best arraignments I can for her. I’m looking forward to going and being there, but not to packing. It is a heck of a lot of stuff to take for an overnighter when traveling with a kid. I’m tired just thinking about it.

TGIF! It has been a long, tiring, draining, emotional week.

No comments: