Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tonight

Max is in his crib. Not yet asleep, but not screaming the house down either. He is almost completely weaned, but enjoyed a feast directly from mommy tonight (because for some reason I was engorged and leaking and it was easier and more enjoyable to feed him directly than to feed him a bottle and then pump). We both enjoyed it. He is mostly getting a bottle except in the middle of the night. I am going to start giving him a bottle then too if I can’t convince him that he should sleep through instead.

Actually, he can go 6 or 7 hours at a stretch, wake up for a quick snack, and then sleep for another 2 or 3 hours. However, there is a lot of variance in that. Last night he woke up after 4 ½ hours, 3 hours, then was basically up (at 4 am ish). He laid next to me an nursed and coo’d nicely until 5:30 ish when he convinced me that I should play with him. The guy is a charmer, what can I say.

Part of the problem was/is that he is drinking so many fluids now that he is pee’ing through at night. I may have to start changing him or go up a diaper size with more absorbency or something. Have to ponder it a bit more.

For the first time in weeks, I am not completely exhausted at the end of the day ready to climb into bed as soon as Max is down. I still have a bit of a stuffy nose and cough, but life here is almost back to normal. I almost don’t know what to do with myself now that Max is asleep (at 7:15 pm) and I am not ready to crash. (smile)

I can’t believe he will be 7 months old on Friday. Time is going by incredibly fast. Of course, with being sick and traveling and all, I still don’t have his 6 month pictures taken. Maybe I will try to do that this weekend and pass it off as 6 months. LOL.

He is eating baby food quite well these days. He doesn’t have a lot of variety yet…chicken, peas, pears, formula, and breast milk …are all that I have managed to find that he didn’t have a bad/allergic reaction. I tried carrots last week. He still has the hives from that attempt. It was his worst ‘rash’ reaction yet, but best gastrointestinal one. The prunes were the worst gastrointestinal reaction, but the best rash one. I still haven’t had a chance to reintroduce cereal. I have a box of baby oatmeal cereal ready for when the time is right, but since he seems to have not done well with so many things, I only introduce thing cautiously at this point. Too bad on the carrots, because he really like the tastes. He had a small jar down in no time at all. Probably cause it was new and different. I think once he is over the carrot rash, I am going to introduce beef.

Okay, got a phone call so got to run.

No comments: