Friday, March 17, 2006

7 Months (with pictures)

Max is 7 months old today. How did that happen? Time is going by so quickly. Gosh, he is such a sweet/great kid.


My cutie is already 7 months.


He does know his mind though. He is mostly weaned at this point, except for at night. I keep thinking that one of these days he will sleep through the night and that will be the end of that (lol), but that hasn’t happened yet. Actually, I (mostly) don’t mind getting up in the middle of the night, especially if it is only once or twice. The nights with many awakenings or long periods or awake are harder. Last night was one of them for some reason. Max was up at 11:30, 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30. Finally, I brought him into bed with me and by 5:30 he had pee’d through and soaked my sheets. I think maybe he kept squirming and moving to free gas and ran out of space and kept hitting his head on the side of the crib which woke him up? I would put him on one end and an hour later he would be across the crib. He is probably learning to crawl in his sleep. LOL. Last night ruled out my plan of trying a bigger size diaper with more absorbance to get rid of the soiled through problem. Someone mentioned putting on two diapers. Not sure how that would actually help, but think I will try it tonight to see.


Will he bypass crawling and go straight to walking?


Anyway, back on point…Max knows his mind. The other night I decided to try to give him a bottle instead of the boop the first time he woke up during the night. He saw the bottle coming (in the dark) and started batting it away. I held his hands and then tried to put it in his mouth. He blth, blth, blth’d it away while shaking his head. I had to laugh. And, then of course caved and gave him the boop. He sigh, ahh’d, quickly latched on, and “said” don’t even “think” about going there with the bottle again. lol.

Yes, Max will never have a sibling because he will not be fully weaned until I am too old and have no good eggs left. Sigh. I have decided not to worry about this. Slowly, we are making progress. I just can’t make it traumatic for either of us.

Within the last few weeks, he is sitting stabile and solidly by himself. He likes the excersucer and can spin himself around to see what is going on around him to see what I or one of the animals or Mimi (what Naomi has asked to be called) are doing or to play with the toy he wants. He isn’t crawling, but is getting his butt up and his chest up. Just not at the same time. One of his favorite things to do is to “walk” while holding on to mine or Mimi’s hands.

Introduced another solid last week – carrots. He still has the rash/hives from that attempt. Currently, he gets Chicken, Peas, Pears, Nutramagen Formula or Breast Milk. I think he is getting sick of these tastes. I’m going to try Beef next. His list of things tried and banned from intolerances/allergies is growing. So far we have ruled out Rice cereal, Enfamil (regular) formula, Good Start (regular and Soy) formula, prunes, and now carrots. Sigh.

I’m still behind on many things since being sick like bills and catching up with friends and TV shows I have recorded. In fact, I still have some Olympics including the closing ceremonies taped. LOL. But, it’s all good.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

No comments: