Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The End (and other quick updates)

Weekend = Great Time = Tired

Max’s Recheck = Impressive Weight Gain = Ear Infection Completely Gone

Breastfeeding = Officially Stopped = Much Pain = Can’t Concentrate Or Do Anything Productive, except eat Easter candy that I should have never pre-purchased

T42 = Swimmers Moved And At Clinic = Progesterone In Hand To Force Period

The Plan = Force Period = Wait Until 1st “Real” Period = Try Medicated IUI (hopefully in May)

The Other Plan = If/When Medicated IUI Doesn’t Work, Move to IVF (hopefully in June cycle)

Have I mentioned how much pain I was in? I have certainly had MUCH MUCH MUCH more pain in stopping breast feeding than in doing it. This really hurts (in case I haven’t mentioned it). Good thing I wasn’t in this much pain last night when Max and I were having our battle of wills over this. Luckily, the battle was fought between 11:15 pm – 1:30 am instead of between 2 am – 6 am. The over riding “rules” were 1) DO NOT CAVE and give him the breast 2) DO NOT, under any circumstance, bring him into bed with you (because it would be too easy to unconsciously feed him while still asleep).

We will see what tonight brings. I hope I am not in as much pain by then.

For the first time since Max was born, I came across a situation where it would have been better or easier if I was doing this with a partner or a “daddy’. This whole weaning thing. I think it would have gone much smoother if someone else was giving him the bottle, pacifier, or soothing him. With me, he could smell the milk as I was leaking all over the place. The boob/milk was right there. He was frustrated because he couldn’t understand WHY I was depriving him when it was RIGHT there. Needless to say, it was hard. Made harder because it was me instead of someone else. Made harder because breastfeeding was enjoyable and went exceedingly well for both of us.

It has been much harder and more painful mentally and physically to stop breastfeeding that it ever was to start or continue – for ME (and for Max).

No comments: