Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mums the word…

Mums the word, but….

I’M CYCLING THIS MONTH!

I wasn’t planning to, but I went in on Friday to see my RE for a fluid u/s and before I could ask, he suggested looking at my ovaries to see what was going on. I had 2 nice follicles on my left, with a third smaller one. I think they were 12, 11, and 8. Nothing on my right, but that is fairly typical. Just got back from another u/s and they were 17, 13, and ?. I am triggering very late Wed. night/early Thurs. morning and doing an IUI on Friday afternoon at 1 pm.

I’m still on the high I get, most of the time, from going to my RE’s office.

It will be my first unmedicated IUI. My RE said why waste the free FSH that comes from weaning. Although I was thinking about it, I am glad he brought it up first. He feels like given my history, it has a good shot of working when I asked him if he thought it was worth wasting a vial of sperm.

So, here I am on the ttc roller coaster much earlier than planned. If it doesn’t work, we will do cd3 testing and go right into a medicated IUI. If that doesn’t work, I will go into the July IVF cycle. If that doesn’t work, I will only have three vials left and will take a break to re-evaluate.

I am excited and nervous and wanting it to work so badly and telling myself not to get my hopes up. If it works, my due date would be January 18, 2007*. I am an Aquarian and always wanted an Aquarian baby. In fact, it was all part of the “master” plan in my first ttc go round. The plan where my first choice would be to have a Jan./Feb baby and my last choice would have been to have a Jul/Aug baby. If this works, it really would be too good to be true. I know this, but I can’t help but hope.

Mum’s the word, because I have told very, very few people that I am doing this. If it works, I can surprise them. If not, then no harm no foul. I know that the will not necessarily a good one for many of my friends who have either been on an extended break or have continued to try unsuccessfully for their first. I still remember the pain of hearing of others get pregnant when I was still struggling. On the other hand, it would be so nice if this round could not have the pain and heart ache and ups/downs of the first round. It would be so nice if this works. Granted, it is unlikely, even if it does work, that I would get my twins. But, maybe I could go back for a third afterwards. Ah, I would like to have that problem.

If I do get pregnant, I will feel so blessed. If I get pregnant with twins on this cycle, I will laugh and laugh and laugh and know that it was meant to be. One of the few friends I told about this said, wow, you could be pregnant in 3 weeks. We both paused and said, wouldn’t that be great!

Hoping and praying over here. But, mum’s the word.


* I do not know why I do this to myself. Calculating the EDD. Each time I cycle, I swear that I will not do it because it just makes it all the harder if/when it doesn’t work.

No comments: