Friday, November 18, 2005

Still Procrastinating

Have so many things that I really should be doing. Don’t feel like it, so I thought I would blog more until I need to go meet up with a friend.

Adding up days. Really need to figure out how to get back into my fertility friend account and log things. But, I think I ovulated around the 8th or 9th. Even though I have bled (sorry if TMI), twice now, I don’t think I had ovulated until then. As such, today would be 10 or 11 dpo. The timing for moodiness is about right. With my luck, I will start and have a heavy, icky, painful period…let’s say…right about TUESDAY. That is, only if my Luteal phase defect has resolved itself with childbirth. Otherwise, I would say, any day now. Hmm. Like many things in life, time will tell.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Awhile back, I had something I wanted to blog about, but couldn’t remember what it was. I remembered on Monday when a friend asked why I had moved Max’s car seat from the center of the back seat to the side. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND, ON IMPORTANT THINGS, TO ACTUALLY READ THE MANUALS AND DO THEM YOURSELF. That being said, a few weekends ago, I did this one trail where I have to park off road and the car is at quite an angle. This caused the seatbelt holding the car seat to loosen. I fixed it, or so I thought, until I got home when I found the car seat at a 45 degree angle. So, I pulled out the manual for the car and the car seat. After going back and forth, I found the actual proper way to install the car seat. The way we were doing it wasn’t proper at all. They recommend NOT putting the seat in the middle, but in one of the outer seats where they have the LATCH system installed. If you are installing in a car without a LATCH system, they have this device to lock the seat belt. My cousin had put this on the wrong side of the car seat. When I called to tell her all of this, her response was…”oh, I never actually read how to do it, I just tried to figure it out on my own.” I wish I had known that earlier. Luckily, no major harm was done.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of no harm. I have topped myself in the bad mommy department. Yes, I surpassed the putting a sleeping baby in a bath incident. On Wednesday, I went out to dinner with my mom. My sister called at the last minute and wanted to join us. I was rushed and distracted getting out of the house. When I went to take Max out of the car seat after arriving at the restaurant, he was not properly buckled. I must have gotten distracted and only did the shoulder straps, not the bottom buckle pulling it all together. Either my mom or I threw a blanket over him and I didn’t notice it. OMG. I was a bit horrified. Note to self: no matter how rushed or busy you are…make sure your son is properly buckled into his car seat. Thank goodness, it all ended well, but …..
__________________________________________________________________________________

Another thing I have wanted to post about…Mr. Milk Face. A month or so ago, I was feeding Max at the computer and he detached. As I looked down, I was surprised to see what looked like a saliva string (if that makes sense) from his mouth to my breast. Then, I realized that it was a wayward milk duct that was continuing to release milk and what looked like a saliva string was actually a stream of milk squirting him all over the face. LOL. It was shocking and pretty funny at the same time. I think it may be one of those things that you have to actually see to believe/get the humor. Anyway, it has happened a few other times since. One of them earlier today. I am much better at catching it before he gets a complete milk bath. LOL.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I am sure I will regret squandering this time over the next few days when I try to get things accomplished while trying to watch Max instead of when I had the luxury of having Niomi here, but at this exact moment….I don’t regret it at all.

Being back to work is a lot easier now than it was a few weeks ago when I started back.

I still wish that I didn’t have to work and could spend full time caring for Max.

I am getting used to having someone in my house and doing my laundry and cleaning up everything. I still don’t like having someone making my bed. I am learning to live with it.

TGIF!

No comments: