Monday, November 21, 2005

I’m Gone, Happy Thanksgiving

I’m leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for a trip across the United States. Max’s first airplane trip. Let’s hope it is uneventful. I’ll be gone for a week and will have no chance to post. Not only will I be very busy, but my family doesn’t know about my blog and I plan to keep it that way.

I’m packed. Max is packed. Except for those things that need to go in last thing in the morning. Max is asleep. I’m headed that way soon.

Busy day. Busy weekend.

I saw that guy Hunter again this morning. Smile. He knows my car by now so knew I was on the trail. He must have been looking for me, because when he saw me he ran out to meet me and talked with me as we walked back to my car. We really have only had short conversation since that long first talk. Today when I saw him he just quickly gave me some stock tips. I really only understood about 50% of what he was saying, but passed the tips onto my sister, Julie, who has been taking classes in that sort of thing the last year or so. I just memorized what he told me so I could repeat it like a parrot. LOL. Based on something Hunter said last time we talked, I think maybe he isn’t married anymore. I could be wrong. I have two IRL friends that think I should ask him out for coffee. Of course, I don’t drink coffee. Plus, as I told them, it may ruin some of the allure/fun of the chance encounters.

I have a tooth infection that hopefully isn’t the start of a bad root. I’m on antibiotics as of mid-day today. I’m feeling better already. Just what is need right before a long out of town trip for the holidays. It started bothering me on Thursday and I was hoping it would go away. By Saturday, I was pretty much taking Tylenol every 5 hours or so. It was a bit better on Sunday, but couldn’t really chance it since I was leaving tomorrow.

I got my Christmas decorations up this weekend and the tree up today while Niomi was here. I know. I know. It is sinfully early, but…(this is where I justify it)…Doing it today while I was off from work and while Niomi was here watching Max was very helpful. Plus, we aren’t going to be here for Thanksgiving. This way, I will come home to a nice clean house (cleaning lady coming tomorrow) and everything decorated. It will make my December much less stressful. I still need to do all of my X-mas shopping, put up the outside lights, and I am debating about doing cards this year. I didn’t last. Maybe a combo birth announcement/x-mas card. I’m still working on the idea.

I also visited a friend, a fellow SMC’er, who had a baby girl a few weeks ago. Got Max’s 3 month pictures taken. Paid bills. Took Lucky to the vet. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Lucky’s labs came back today and don’t show anything abnormal. We don’t really know why she is refusing to eat/treats for a few days, then starting to eat and vomiting. Very disconcerting. The Vet told me to give her some Chicken and Rice and/or something she will eat. Once I did that, she started eating again. So, she is on wet/can food once a day while I am gone. My poor little girl. She never was one of those dogs who would just eat anything. She always sniffs what is being offered first before deciding if she wants it. Sometimes, she will take something and then just drop it. Now, she is just plain finicky.

Max was weighing 12 lbs 11 ½ oz. as of Saturday according to the cat scale at the vet’s on Saturday. He was measuring 24 ¾ inches when Niomi and I measured him on Friday. The kid is growing and looking as cute as can be.

I am not looking forward to traveling tomorrow. There is so much junk to haul. Even with not taking any toys, towels, and blankets and minimal diapers and wipes, and only my breast pump tubing and accessories (not the pump itself) …. I needed my own suitcase (a medium size one, but the biggest I have) and Max needed his own suitcase (a small carryone one with wheels that will not be carried on). Plus, the stroller, the car seat, the car seat base, and the carry on backpack that is stuffed to the gills. I want to take some frozen milk with ice also, but may have to scrap that idea since I have no more space and can’t carry one more thing. I don’t know how I am going to manage it. I don’t, but I am sure it will work out somehow. I was stressed last week. Now, I am just tired and wish I were there already.

Anyway, the time is ticking and I need my beauty sleep. HA HA.

Happy Turkey Day!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! :)

This Hunter guy sounds intriguing...:)