Saturday, May 07, 2005

Topics 11 – 21

11) They completely freaked my out on Thursday at Lucky’s appointment. I saw “my” tech come out and talk to the receptionist. I thought, that is odd, why is he not back with Lucky. Then, they call me into an exam room. I almost had a major breakdown thinking they were going to tell me that Lucky had a bad reaction to this weeks drug and died. It was the one where they do the ECG firt. I kept repeating, this is not necessarily bad, don’t freak out, it could be okay, why are you so negative these days, don’t jump the gun. The thing is, I have been going there long enough that I “know” normal from not normal. I am the type of person that knows the schedule and rythme of an office. For example, I try to never get the 2 pm appointments any more because the techs are on lunch from 1 – 2. Anyway, my dr. wasn’t there so another dr. came in to tell me that the EKG wasn’t normal, was different (read NOT GOOD) and they want her to see a cardiologist before they give her Adriamycin again (which can affect the heart). So, we agreed on a different drug for this week and that I would try to get her in for a u/s of the heart this week to see if the drug really did damage. There is a drug that is not as affective in the same class, but I guess Adriamycin is the “premiere”. Even if her heart is okay, I am not sure I am going to authorize it again. I don’t want to kill her from heart damage trying to cure the cancer. What else would cause a change in EKG that quickly? All questions for Tuesday when I am out of the office even more at another vet appointment.
12) I managed to avoid 2 calls from my sister Julie (and a visit from my dad and his wife..but that is a blog in and of itself), 2 calls from my mom, 3 calls from my sister Cindy, and a call from my cousin this morning. Ugh, I do love my family, but sometimes, like today, I just wish they would leave me alone. I returned mom’s call because I am taking her to lunch for mom’s day today to tell her I have no idea when I will get there because I can’t get anything done between calls from every family member (times 2 or 3) that I have. She got the point.
13) My mom’s friend sent a bunch of clothes (fat people clothes) for me. Most of them fit. Two shorts were too small (which I will return) and two pants were too big (which I will keep for later in case I need them then), but mostly everything else fit. A few more options…3 pair of shorts, 2 pair of pants, 1 sweater, and 2 tops I think. A friend was asking me why I am so resistant to shopping for maternity clothes. First, I am not that big of a shopper to begin with. Second, NONE of the maternity clothes fit me. They are all too small. I can only fit into really fat people clothes (size 26 and/or 3x) and it makes me feel really bad. If I found some halfway decent maternity clothes that fit. Even ONE piece, I might not have such a bad attitude, but shopping just makes me feel really, really fat and bad. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it. I know there has to be plus size maternity clothes someplace, but I haven’t been able to find them…even on-line. I hate it. I really do.
14) My house is a complete mess. Thank goodness Ana (the lady that cleans my house every two weeks) comes on Tuesday.
15) My sister Julie, the one I called back and rushed off the phone, said something about stopping by on Monday. I said, please don’t. I have a busy weekend and need Monday to myself. She said, okay, I will see you on Tuesday then. Ugh! I can only avoid them for so long.
16) I now only have time to stop by and get a birthday/mother’s day present for my mom and head out before lunch. I have 2 other errands I really wanted to get done also, but…I guess THAT isn’t happeneing. Okay, I really have to go.
17) Did I mention that my washing machine is leaking? Water all over the floor. Shit, it is almost 10 years old not and I had it fixed last summer. I am probably going to need a new one.
18) I have not called one single painter yet. I must get my house painted soon. I must.
19) I can’t even find the names/numbers of the painters that have been highly referred to me, let alone call them.
20) I am really crabby right now. I hope I get over it before I get to my mom’s house. I doesn’t matter that I rather climb in bed and take a nap. It isn’t going to happen, so get over it (my mental reprimand to myself)

Edited to add 21) Did I mention that we have 6 open staffing requests for my team and only 2 resumes? That we have to lay off 6 people (between my team and Michele's team) which means I think I have 8 open positions. It's a long story, but it really sucks having to lay off perfectly competent folks in one part of the company when we are short staffed and anyone we get in we will have to train and bring up to speed. My team in NOT an entry level position team. You need quite a bit of exerience and knowledge to do it and we just can find the folks right now.

Okay, I really am leaving now ...after I move the clothes from the washer to the dryer, put in another load, and load the care.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I am a plus size girl (even bigger than what you are fitting into right now), so this has been a worry of mine. I have already done quite a lot of online research to find plus size maternity wear.
There are plus size maternity sections at Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, Fashion Bug, JC Penney, and likely more. (you can buy from all of those online except Fashion Bug)

There are also some online specialty shops (which mostly do not carry a good selection and are not very pretty...but in a pinch, they are there)

http://www.bloom-n.com/
Carries pants and jeans in plus size (I am a jeans girl, so this made me happy...)

http://www.babybecoming.com/home.html
Only plus size maternity/nursing clothes sold. Not very nice looking and mostly very casual.

http://store.yahoo.com/jakeandme/sizin.html
Carries up to size 30 maternity.

http://www.plusmaternity.com/
Has both a casual and a dressier selection of clothing.

Hope some of those helped!