Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Annoyed

I’m getting annoyed at fictional characters now.

I’m reading this book. It’s just a trash novel, but waiting for my reading buddies to catch up with me on the “real” books. And, I come across this paragraph last night.

“She’d stopped dating and started looking at sperm banks. In the end, she just couldn’t do it. She wanted to know what the father of her child looked like, to hear his laughter, to see his eyes darken with passion….”

I have to say that this really pissed me off. Granted, I was a bit crabby yesterday anyway. I know it is just a book, but the lady in question had an oopsie baby when she was 20 and wanted a sibling. This seems to imply that oopsie babies “are better” than sperm bank babies and that whole sentiment (of which my older sister subscribes too) just hits a raw button with me. Just thought I would share that.

Yes, I am still reading the book. I didn’t burn it or throw it across the room or anything. But, a day later, I am still irritated by it.

My mom, having accepted the assignment/challenge, has been searching for maternity clothes for me. Specifically, I need some maternity business attire before my work trip at the end of the month. She called me from the plus size maternity store last night that is about half way between where she lives and where I live. They only had black, not navy dress pants. They had this, they had that. Most of which it sounded like I would not care for. We decided on a few options. I also asked her to find out if they had one of those pant extenders so that at worse case, I could wear the navy dress pants that I have. Apparently, they did, but my mom wasn’t sure if it would be “enough”. At the check out, she was told that it was a “final” sale. She called again to find out whether she should get it or not. I ask “why” would that be a final sale. The store considered it an accessory, like lotion. I told her I didn’t agree with the policy and to not get it. She called me back a few minutes later and said that the clothes could only be exchanged for store credit. Annoyed, I told her I didn’t care for their business policies and didn’t want to do business with them. Back to square one. I still don’t have anything, but the target pj bottoms that are getting a lot of use.

I’m a bit less overwhelmed today, but still annoyed at yesterday situations (nothing new really annoyed my today). I got the floor vacuumed, the bills paid/accounts balanced, and one load of laundry done today. Nothing that was on the list that was overwhelming me, but I do feel a bit better. The rest will either get done or it won’t. Remind me of that if I get all in a panic again, okay?

I was tempted to go look and see how much money I have spent on my dogs since the beginning of the year while I was in paying bills and balancing accounts, but decided that I was better off not knowing that information right now. No sense in getting all worked up about it since I would have spent it anyway. I got all of Shadows lab and urine test back today. Everything is normal. They are going to start her on something (don’t remember the name) 2x a day for 1 week to see how she responds. I’ll get it at her dental appointment on Friday. I don’t think I can get there to pick it up before then. I got some Nature’s Miracle stuff for the floors. It has helped some, but I still smell it. Maybe it is just implanted into my nostrils right now. I don’t smell it all the time, so it is better, but not gone. I think I may have to tear up my carpet and install hardwood floors. That is, of course, after I get the house panted and everything else taken care of on my “overwhelmed” list.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Tear up the carpet and install hardwood??? Are you nuts? LOL. When will you have time for that on top of everything else? :) (I actually LOVE hardwood floors...not saying anything against them)

That book thing is annoying, I agree. I definitely don't think that an oops baby is better than a very much wanted baby by an SMC...but I don't think the world around us has matured to that stage yet..LOL. :)

I am glad to hear that Shadow's labs came back well...Hopefully she heals whatever she has quickly...

As you can see, I am procrastinating working tonight..LOL, best get back to that;)