Wednesday, May 11, 2005

All is fine!

All is fine! I guess the lack of sleep was really affecting my judgment even if I didn’t feel tired. It is amazing what a good night sleep can do. After I posted, I went and lay down. Little Audrey was kind enough to give me a few reassuring kicks and I was able to fall asleep much quicker than I thought. I woke up at 4 with tingly fingers/wrist (first sign of carpal tunnel, which can be caused by Diabetes or other metabolic disorders – GREAT!). Audrey was kicking and moving away (good girl!). I quickly fell back to sleep after a potty break, of course, and slept until 5:30 or 6 am which is my normal wake up time. Little Audrey again was quite active (I guess that lecture from last night really sunk in, LOL).

I have begun to really dislike Wednesday’s. I start meetings at 9 am and go straight through to back to back meetings until 3 pm. Ugh! I had to ask for a few “3 minute” breaks for some of the longer ones cause this preggo bladder just can’t go that long these days. You think I am kidding, really, I did. What I need to do is get a cordless phone, but I haven’t found one that has all of my requirements (2 lines, head set compatible, with a mute button). You wouldn’t think that would be too hard to find, but believe me…I have looked. I have actually written to a few manufactures asking them to start making a phone with them. I just heard that Panasonic has a new model out that meets all of my requirements. Hmm. They must have actually read and listened to my letter (ha ha).

Dinner with mom was fine even if my sister did join us. She really was on her best behavior and didn’t make one mean or snotty comment.

I have the nicest neighbors. I think I may have mentioned that my washer is leaking. It turned into a minor flood today. Thank goodness I have tile floors. Normally, I would just pull out the washer and investigate myself, but I figure that my OB would frown upon this and I would feel really bad if I ended up in L&D again…so…I broke down and asked for help. It wasn’t that bad. They were happy to help and the problem is a cheap/easy fix. It had rust/old galvanized steel in the hose that didn’t get flushed out when my pipes were changed earlier in the year. Bill recommended replacing the hoses since they “are soft”. If I pick them up tomorrow, he will come back tomorrow night and install them for me. Isn’t that the sweetest thing?

BTW, although my tile and wood floors are really nice, it looks like I may be able to hold off on pulling up my carpet for now. The incontinence supplements for Shadow are doing the trick and the Nature’s Miracle seems to have worked after all now that everything has completely dried. Very nice.

Okay, I was on the computer much longer than planned and this isn’t a quick post after all. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am so over last night’s drama and back on track with my “everything is going to be fine” attitude. I even told someone else at work today that I was pregnant. I’m making progress. Last night was just a short relapse.

No comments: