Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Green Light

I was like the energizer bunny yesterday. I just kept going and going and going. I hadn’t really planned to, but I ended up putting up ALL of my Christmas decorations and lights up. It is something that I wanted done this week while I was on vacation, but it just seems….wrong….to actually put it up before Thanksgiving. I did want to get my outside lights up and wanted to get my fall decorations put away. With all of the cycle related stuff and Thanksgiving, I needed to get some of it done today so I didn’t have to do it all next weekend after being on stims for a few days. It is important to note here that Ana, the lady that cleans my house every two weeks, came today. This means that I had a time factor and couldn’t leave anything undone or she would not be able to clean. As I had all the boxes out and the house a mess putting away the fall stuff, I thought, I may as well put up the Christmas decorations since the place was already a wreck. Then, I thought, do I really want to put the Christmas tree up next weekend trashing the house after it has just been cleaned? The answer was NO, NO, and NO. As I was giving my dog’s their evening walk, I was feeling really guilty and embarrassed with having my outside lights on, the tree up, etc. and people have Thanksgiving yard art up instead. I am clashing with the seasons. I was joking with my neighbor and one of his buddies about it who assured me that it was okay and that I had “real” Christmas lights (the multi-bulb ones, not the icicles) and he whole heartedly approved. I was feeling embarrass until my neighbors son (who is 3) got home and started yelling. “Daddy, Daddy, Look! Daddy, Christmas Tree Lights! Christmas Tree Lights!! And, Candy Canes. Look over there. She has Lights up”. He was so happy. He came over and told me how much he liked the lights and the Candy Canes as he walked around looking at them with big eyes. He was so happy that it made me happy. It made my day. I’m glad that I did it and it is done.

It was a bit harder than I thought it would be. Last year, I was sure that I would be pregnant this Christmas. In preparation, I re-wired the lights on the Christmas tree because it was a fire hazard. The tree came with the white lights and I had added colored lights and some of each were not working. When I took the tree down the year before it was melting the surge protector. Not good. When I took off all the old lights and put on new ones, I filled a large trash bag with the old lights. It was really quite frightening. I hadn't realized how many were actually on the tree. Anyway, I was a bit sad that I am not very pregnant right now (my original baseline plan had be delivering in February 2005). I’m glad that it is done. And, there is still a chance I could be pregnant by Christmas. I am feeling very calm and getting excited for this cycle.

I had my baseline u/s and E2 check today. All looks good and stims start tonight. E2 was 19. Lining was 4.8. Antral Follicle Count was 9 (5 on one side 4 or the other). Next check, a week from today.

Today was pretty busy as well. Mostly just running around getting ready for Thanksgiving, the u/s apt., moving the sperm to the clinic. I also went to a late lunch/early dinner with a friend and to the movies. Great way to kill time waiting for the E2 call and the green light. I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Hope I can avoid that.

Off to mix up the Gonal F and then to bed.

No comments: