Sunday, October 12, 2008

Reclaiming

I've been taking advantage of my cousin here to get caught up...on sleep, on projects around the house, on my to-do list. I've been reclaiming my house and my life. My back to work date is set and will be November 3rd. I'm a bit sad that I will not be going back to the assignment that I had and instead will be given "special assignments", but it is what it is and I understand why the decision was made. My short term disability request was flagged for error because apparently a family therapist can't sign it, but my OB agreed to do it so I need to get that worked out this week. I'm so close the having the babies room done I can taste it, but had to back off on getting anything done today to keep the peace between Max and I. My cousin left this morning and I'm sad to see her go. She was a huge, huge, huge help in so many big and small ways. Max is sick, again. I think the only thing worse than a sick 3 year old is a sick three year old who has zero interest in watching TV and wants all of your attention. Having a sitter come for a few hours on Sunday afternoon/evening saves my sanity most weeks. She is out of town next weekend. I think I need to try to line something else up. N is mending and doing fine. She still gets fussy. As my cousin found out, she will turn on a dime and scream a hissy fit for something as minor as trying to give her a fresh diaper, but that is just the normal her. She will also give you big smiles as soon as you are done. The swelling is going down. She weighed in at 10 lbs 7 oz on Friday. R is still an easy going soul who can charm your socks off. He's been sneezing and couging and I'm hoping things don't get worse for him. He's weighing 11 lbs 8 oz these days. Max is as obnoxious as all get out one minute and testing, testing, testing doing things like coming up to me and his brother and sister and blowing (all of his sick germs) on us or saying he is going to shoo (he means shoot I'm sure) or bonk or hit or kick me and then will turn on a dime and be so sweet and tell me I'm his best friend and will I play with him. Yes, preschool, got to love it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Just wanted to check in to say all is fine. I'm just in the minutia of life. Appointments, appointments, appointments. Doctor, parent/teacher, setting up early intervention services for the twins, having early intervention sessions, seing the home health nurse, getting furniture delivered. Boring ole life stuff. And, my laptop is locking up when it goes into standby mode causing me to need to reboot and it's a pain so I'm not as motivated to spend much time on the computer.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Glad to hear that life is getting back to normal. I am also home with a sick child..thank goodness one who wants to watch cartoons all day LOL. I am taking advantage and trying to get some stuff done around the house, but keep spending inordinate amounts of time reading blogs. :)

Hope health is soon restored to your household. :)