Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Max Factor

This whole newborn twin thing really wouldn't be so bad if it weren't what I call the Max factor. Good thing I love that kid so much. Now, he really has been pretty well behaved lately, but he woke me up at 4 god awful this morning and anyone who knows me knows that is my least favorite hour to be awoken (grumble grumble). Then, he woke up N. In one of my finer parenting moments I reminded him of the family pictures we are attempting this afternoon and that while he says he isn't tired now, he better not be then and I want him nice and happy and smiling for the camera. He assured me he would be. (HA) Actually, give me any two of the three and it is a piece of cake. That third kid just puts it on the borderline between manageable and not depending on the day/hour/mood of me and the children. My cousin swears it is just one less than what you have that makes it all seem manageable. Hard to say I guess since I leaped from 1 to 3 with no stopping in between.

My brain is mush. So mush that I can't remember my password to my work computer. I'm trying to get that squared away this week as well as practicing getting both Max and I ready and him to preschool before a reasonable work start time. The first day was rough. The second day great. The last two average.

I've been working my "to do". Have an appointment to finally get my living will/trust set up. I've almost finished my Christmas shopping (all done online, of course). I've been working through all of the voter initiatives trying to determine which I want to say yea and nay. I wanted to get claims submitted for my health care and dependent accounts and enroll for 09 benefits, but...alas...can't access things (which started the ball rolling on getting my id's and passwords reset). Hey, at least I found the power cord...drat, that reminds me that I need to pick up a new headset. I'm sure I've done other things, but ...brain is mush...don't remember.

Let's talk about negative reinforcement. I got into the Halloween candy the other day and my milk supply about doubled. I tested it out again yesterday and same thing. All the fat and sugar may not be good for the waste and the rest of my body, but it has done wonders for my milk supply. I keep telling myself to test it out by eating more calories in nice healthy fruits, veggies, and dairy products. I haven't yet.

Even when I didn't need to, I supplemented with a bottle of formula last night because...it is so much easier...no need to wait for the milk to heat. Just dump in 2 scoops of formula, add 4 oz of room temp filtered water at the ready, and shake. Good thing I'm so committed to this pumping breast milk thing no matter how much of a pain.

I talked to the pulmonologist. Every time I talk to that lady I get all worked up and irritated. I talked to the nurse at our peds office who is going to talk to our ped so see if I can get a referral someplace else or if she is the only game in town. I hope not. She just blindy expects me to just do what she wants without explaination, never mind an explaination that makes sense. I think I annoy her as much as she does me. It's like I am challenging her expertise every time I ask a question and she gets all defensive. On the other hand, she can't explain or justify what she is telling me so....I'm hoping for a change.

Off to shower and get ready for the day. I wish I had time for a nap.

2 comments:

Miss X said...

Deb, I'll be praying everything goes smoothly next week.

And that you find a new doc (I'm not even going to try to spell her specialty) who will answer your questions.

QuiltingChaos said...

Hey Deb! I never tried the candy thing with the milk supply... my trick was ice cream!
-Margie