Saturday, March 03, 2007

Swimmers On Board

My IUI went fine this morning. I was ovulating at the time. Kind of cool to see. Dr. Q, apparently, wasn’t planning on doing an u/s, just the IUI and only did it because I made some comment about how I was always worried I would ovulate too soon, but it hadn’t happened yet. He asked me if I wanted to take a look. I was like…ah, yeah, are you kidding? It never occurred to me that they wouldn’t do one as Dr. N had every single time. While I still think Dr. Q is young and a bit immature, he is growing on me. Not in the same ballpark as Dr. N, but hey, it works because I get my way on basically everything I want. I was thinking fondly of Dr. N on my way in and how on those first few cycles, when I was really worried about ovulating early, he never minimized my fears or tell me I was crazy or to not worry about it. He would say, why do you think so? Do you want to come in and have it checked out? And he would do an u/s and an IUI a day early for me. Dr. N really was the perfect RE for me. I still miss him. I probably always will. With my work bonus last month, I finally have the extra cash I needed to send the amount I wanted to Dr. P in Dr. N’s memory for the kids’ education fund. I just need to sit down and write out the check and the card I want to send with it.

Did I mention here that I couldn’t resist figuring out my due date if this cycle worked? I haven’t done that in awhile. I guess I have at least a little hope for this cycle. Conditions don’t get any better than this for me. The question is, did the eggs have any kind of quality? It would be November 24, 2007. This is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

And, now I wait. And, so begins yet another 2ww.

No comments: