Sunday, March 11, 2007

Implantation?

I woke up this morning to spotting. After my initial freak out, I realized it may be a good thing. It is way to early for me to be getting my period, which I typically get even on progesterone. I do have a history of spotting while pregnant. In fact, I spotted each and every time. I hate that, especially since two out of the three ended in miscarriage. The timing would be right for implantation spotting. I am still crampy, but no more spotting after that bit this morning and not enough to stain a panty, just visible on the tp.*

We had nice warm weather here today and spent most of it outdoors with Max in and out of his blow-up pool…naked….which I am able to fill with warm water due to a faucet outside my kitchen sink. He LOVED it and had the best time. I had a nice visit with my mom and my youngest sister. Trying to stay hydrated in what had to be almost triple digit temperatures has been tough.

This time change, while not completely smooth, has gone better than the last one so far. Max woke up at his normal time, pre-time change and went to nap at his normal time, pre-time change. But, I was able to get him down 30 min. early to bed and hope to continue to adjust from there. If he isn’t awake by 6 am tomorrow, I may have to wake him. I guess I’ll see how it goes.

We made it to church at 9:30 am for the 9 am service this morning and Max was all over the place and asking for the “car” and “car keys” after 10 minutes, but I’m glad we made the effort and my cousin was able to get that confirmation sponsor form signed by the priest so one less thing that needs to be done.

All and all a good day, but I am feeling tired and sweaty on top of crampy. I think it is time for a cool shower, followed by a warm bath. Night night.


* Have to take it back, just went to the restroom and more spotting. Even if my beta is negative next week, I’m gong to be convinced that at a minimum I had a fertilized egg that failed to implant. The only reason I would be spotting this early is for implantation. Has to be. I’m 8 dpo. Implantation should happen by 7 dpo. Not saying it will make it, just that there is no other reason for spotting this early….unless I didn’t ovulate, which I SAW happening, which I got a P4 test to confirm. So, anything above a 4 on the P4 test and this just has to be implantation. I think it has to be a little burrowing in going on. Don’t you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I have a lpd and have noticed spotting around 7-8 dpo during my last 2 cycles. My P4 at 8dpo was 11.4, but I was on 200mg Prometrium (orally). My theory is that my corpus luteum is already breaking down at this point, causing the spotting, but the progesterone supplement is keeping my level high enough to prevent af. I'm just curious what you think.

I really hope your cycle is successful!!! Max is such a doll. :)
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - Yes, I agree that your spotting is likely the result of a lpd/low progesterone. Without supplementation, I will get my period around that time. If you read my next post after this, you will see that is what was likely causing my spotting because my progesterone was too darn low and too low to maintain a pregnancy for sure. FWIW, oral progesterone is said to be the least effective in terms of helping your body keep and maintain a lining. I have heard that inserting the pill vaginally even is suppose to be more effective. And, some people...like me....needs way more supplementation to maintain a pregnancy. The good news is that yours at 11 should be high enough to maintain a pregnancy. The way I understand it is that anything over 4 indicates ovulation, anything over 10 is needed to maintain a pregnancy, although over 15 is prefered. And, supplementation may raise your progesterone blood level by a point or two, but that's it. It gets absorb and does what it needs to for your lining, but never makes it into the blood stream. During your luteal phase, you can never have too much progesterone, only too little. Best of luck to you. Deb

Post as anon because sadly blogger will not allow me to log on to my own comments section to leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

And, forgot to add that I used to have a link to a really good web page that went through all of this progesterone stuff, the appropriate levels for pregnancy, and such, but I recently lost all of my favorites/links and haven't been able to recover yet.