Thursday, September 08, 2005

Last Night

Max got lots of sleep last night. His mommy didn’t get nearly as much as she worried so much about him being so lethargic.

It’s sad. Max was sleeping in the co-sleeper and I kept getting up to check to make sure he was still breathing he was so still and sound asleep. I finally got up and pumped at 1:30 my breasts were so engorged and sore. I woke him up at 2 am and fed him about 3 oz of what I pumped and then he promptly fell sound asleep again. He slept again until 5:30 until I woke him up to feed again and we both fell asleep for a bit before getting up to take out the dogs. I basically woke him up to feed him every few hours, he would eat for about 10 min. on one breast then zonk out again and I couldn’t wake him up for the other side. It was just so different than his previous behavior that it was worrisome.

I finally called the peds office this afternoon to make sure that this was normal. She said that it could be, but to call back if he didn’t snap out of it within a few days. I think it was just the calling that did the trick. By the time I got back from picking up my cousin from the airport, he had a great feed and has been awake and alert ever since. Thank goodness.

After very little sleep and no nap today, I am wiped out. I’m just waiting to give Max another feeding until I crash out.

I’m so glad my cousin is back. It is totally doable by myself, but very nice to have an extra set of hands. She went out and got take out for dinner (Cocco’s Fried Chicken Salad). Very yummy.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I am so glad to hear that he is more alert and awake today. I know it would stress me out, too!

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. Any news on that SMC stuff around the LAish area??? I'd really like to meet up with some people around here (even though I'll be EXCEEDINGLY nervous)