Friday, September 23, 2005

Another week gone

I can’t believe another week is coming to a close. Where is all the time going? It has been a somewhat busy week. I interviewed a nanny who I REALLY like and she felt it was a good match too. She is almost EXACTLY what I was looking for except she doesn’t cook and I was hoping to get someone to make a decent meal a few times a week. She isn’t completely opposed to cooking, just doesn’t think she is very good or knows how. She said if I showed her a few things she would give it a shot. I need to decide by next week because she needs to give her current family a months notice. The only reason I haven’t snatched her up yet is because of the money factor. She isn’t cheap (about $400/mo. more than what I was hoping to pay), but I think her fee is comparable to what I will pay for anyone if I want a day nanny (as opposed to live in). I’ve looked into a local day care center, which is about half the cost of a day nanny, but I don’t think I can do it. I just got a listing today of family home day care centers in the area that I will check out next week. I forewent a nap today to pay bills and look at my finances to see where I can cut to make up the $400 difference. However, I didn’t even get one bill paid before Max woke up. I did get all of my receipts entered, my accounts balanced, my desk a bit organized so it should make it easier to get in here on Sunday (no time until then) to get bills paid, a meeting set up with a financial advisor, Max’s PCP assigned, and a few other things done while I had the chance though. Then, I visited with a friend I haven’t seen in weeks, treated myself to Sushi on the way home, and just got back from walking the dogs. I’m getting ready for an early night for me. I hope Max’s cooperates. I was short on sleep going into today anyway because the Ex-Boyfriend visit was this week. No hanky panky. Not even any desire for hanky panky, sadly enough. However, we did have a great time playing cards (until 3am – Yikes!). I was ahead until the last round where I completely blew it and lost the game. Oh well, I was so tired by then I really didn’t care.

I have been post about Max and the dogs. They are great together. I had Max on the floor in front of me this morning while I pumped. Lucky came and lay next to him and gave his arm a little lick. It was so cute. The lady that cleans my house a few times a month told me that the last time she was here, when Max was still Jaundice and needed sun, that Max got a little fussy while I was in the shower. She started to go check on him, when Lucky got up and went into Max, nudged Max with his nose and then lay next to him. Ana said, Max quieted right down once Lucky was around (feeling her presence) and fell asleep. Ana said it was really touching. Shadow could really care less. She has no interest one way or the other. I think her philosophy is as long as he leaves me alone, I could care less. Poor Shadow is really the looser in the deal because Lucky makes sure that she gets her attention and love. Max takes priority. Shadow only gets what is left, which isn’t much. Then again, she still is getting walked twice a day and is tuckered out from that most days.

Time to go wake my sleeping baby (as much as it pains me to do so) because I need him to eat (or I need to pump soon). And, he has been asleep for a few hours and I want him up for a few so he is ready to go to sleep when I am. Remember, I had no nap today. We will see if this works the way I have planned. LOL.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Awww...I love hearing about Max and Lucky together. :) I am a little worried about how my cats will react to a baby...

The nanny sounds great, I wish I could afford a live out nanny. How did you get a list of in home day cares? I need to start thinking about this I suppose...

Hope you have a nice restful sleep tonight. :)