Sunday, September 04, 2005

If I had an extra set of hands

If I had an extra set of hands, yes, I would be more productive and efficient. That would be helpful about now as the laundry and dishes pile up and to do all of the little things not getting done around here that need it. But, what I would really use them for right now would be to film Max feeding or about to feed. He is just so cute I can’t stand it. You should just see his facial expressions. They are just priceless. Sometimes his eyes get really big when boobie is whipped out and he makes an “ooooh” face puckering his lips. If he is really hungry and a bit fussy, his face is all scrunched up until he attaches, then he is instantly content and the cry and/or whimper stops mid stream. Often, he is like a little bird waiting for the momma bird to drop in a worm or something with his beak (mouth) open wide. Sometimes he gets so excited his face just starts quivering back and forth as he tries to find the nipple and attach. It really is too cute for words. It needs to be recorded. Maybe when my cousin is here we can get some footage of this.

I would also take a few more pictures of Max and I together. Granted, I have not really been “made up” or picture ready. Although I have gotten a shower in every day mostly it is a quick basic less than 5 minute wash with no frills. If it is a hair wash day, which I try to do a few times a week, it takes a bit longer. Too long to dry the hair or spruce up after. So, I am not really looking stellar and probably don’t want to see what I look like in print, but I would like a few more of just the two of us. I think I will take him in for an official one month photo at Sears or something to get one of just him and one of the two of us. I can’t believe that is just around the corner. I wonder if I need an appointment.

Max lost his umbilical cord today. I went to change him and it was just gone. I had to search around inside his onesie for it. I guess he gets to graduate to a “real” bath soon. I wonder how he will like it.

In other news, you can take a class at my local JC called “All About Blogging” for a mere $59 and 3 hours of your time on a Wednesday evening in November if you would like. For $49, I can spend 6 Monday's "strollering for fitness" around the campus for an hour and a half with other Mom's if Max met the prereq. of being at least 6 months old. LOL.

I have been able to be a bit more mobile. Not so mobile that I plan to take any class at the local JC, let alone a blogging one. I was just looking to see what they are offering these days.

We made it to Baby’s R Us yesterday evening for a few things. I bought Max a Halloween sweat suit. It is an orange two piece with a pumpkin face. It was only $10 and too cute to pass up.

I have found that two outings in one day (other than walking the dogs of course) seems a bit much at this point, but we are getting one in and slowly getting a few much needed things done. We made it to the grocery store this morning after hiking to stock up on some basic supplies. I was very good and didn’t by ANY junk although the chocolate chip cookies were screaming my name. I pretended not to hear and got out of there quick. I am about 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight at this point. It is very motivating. I blocked out the cookie monster by repeating “I don’t need it and Max doesn’t need it”.

I managed to make a two course dinner for one tonight. Okay, it really was for two, but this way I have left overs for tomorrow. Grilled steak and boiled corn on the cob. Nothing fancy, but decent. I finished off the last of the Lasagna dish my friend C brought by earlier in the week and was getting desperate for real food.

Max has been asleep for awhile now so I had better get going and head that way myself. Waking for the night time feedings is hard and getting harder. I have to drag myself out to walk the dogs in the morning, but once we are going it is good and I am glad I am up. I am tired enough that I have to consciously make sure that I have Max with me and that he is buckled up securely. I know it sounds odd, but I just have this fear that I will forget him at home on accident. I am sure it will get more routine soon and easier once he starts sleeping longer.

Days have been going very well although I really must have a nap somewhere between 11 and 2 to make it through.

I have been trying to pump once a day at night after his last feed, that would be now except I am on the computer instead. This helps me not wake myself up so engorged I want to wake him up to feed and is easier for him to feed at night.

Okay, really, got to go. I think I have decided to forget pumping tonight and take a warm bath instead. It is almost night night time for me.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love your description of Max getting so excited about feeding time! I can't wait to experience that! :)