Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bad Mom Redeems Herself

Probably the worst thing I have done as a mom so far is put Max into a baby bathtub while he was still asleep. He woke up when he hit the water and was FURIOUS with me (and probably scared and confused as well). In hindsight, I can really see his point. It would be very disconcerting to wake up when you were put in water. I’ll give him that. I was in a rush and really didn’t think about it until I got his reaction. I have promised him I will never do it again. Since then, as you might have guessed, he has been a bit weary of baths. Okay, so he cried every time I put him in the tub since then. I love baths and couldn’t believe I scarred my little boy so he hates them so early in his life. However, I came up with an idea and have redeemed myself. Over the weekend, I took him into my big sunken bathtub with me. I hugged him really close at first with his head near my breast in case he needed a food distraction. (smile) He loved it. He just floated away and kicked his feet and hung out for a good 20 + minutes. He was wide eyed with wonder. It was so nice. I so wish I could get some moments like it on film. (sigh) We did it a second time earlier in the week and I think he liked it even better the second time. He has started cooing and making more baby noises when he is happy/content. I’m so happy I was able to turn the situation around. I don’t think we will be going back to the baby bath again. We will see. It is just so nice for both of us in the big tub. Truly one of my favorite memories so far.





Max in baby tub before the "incident".

No comments: