Monday, January 24, 2005

A confession

I have a confession to make. The picture that I have posted on my blog is old. At least 4 years old. Okay, maybe 5 years old. My hair is much longer now. It is actually almost one length past my chin, but not quite to my shoulders yet with bangs.

Most of my life, my hair has been short. I don’t really even know why I am growing it out. I was just tired of it short and wanted something new and my hairdresser suggested letting it grow and putting in blond highlights. So, I did. And, it has just grown and grown and grown. In fact, I have noticed that both my hair and nails have grown stronger and faster with all of the hormones. In many ways it is easier having long hair. I don’t have to wash it every day (but, when I do it takes forever to dry). It is long enough now that I could pull it back into a ponytail or something, but I typically don’t (and never if I am going out or will be seen by others who are not a very close friend or family member).

I have recently learned all to well that long hair is not easier when you are puking. It actually gets in the way and is quite a pain while puking. It would be nice if I had a little warning and could pull my hair back or put it up or something first. It just doesn’t work that way. I typically have very little warning. As such, as I am leaning over the sink purging the contents of my stomach, one hand is dedicated to keep my hair out of the way. So far, I have been lucky. I have made it to a sink and managed to keep my hair clean and unsoiled.

I just thought you might want to know that. Again, to repeat myself, I am NOT complaining. I actually feel much better after vomiting than before. And remember, it is a pregnancy affirming symptom.

Speaking of pregnancy affirming, I am seriously thinking of and have started researching renting a fetal heart monitor. Before, you know, I actually was pregnant, it wasn’t something I was interested in. Now, it will be worth a monthly fee to ensure that the heartbeat is still there even if I can’t see regular growth of the baby via ultrasound. I’m not sure if anyone actually reads this blog. I think there is some way to set it up so you can tell, but I have been too lazy and disinterested to figure it out. However, if someone is reading this that actually knows something about fetal heartbeat monitors, feel free to share an opinion or advice.

Other pregnancy related items. The move to the one a day pre-natal seems to be affective and helping.

All and all, things are moving along well here. As far as I know, nothing bad has happened yet.

5 comments:

Jen said...

:raises hand: I read your blog :) Actually I found you through another SMC person so here I am. I hope you are feeling better...just keep remembering "Pregnancy Affirming!"

Deb2You2 said...

Jen - Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you found it. I haven't done much advertising for the site. It just seems a bit self-promoting or something so I was wondering if anyone had made there way here or not. Maybe I should change my ways or something...drum up some business so to speak. LOL. Debbie

Jen said...

Hee hee :) i'm just finding people through others actually :) I'd love to ask you a few questions seeing as you are in the LA area...I am as well and am just starting my research. I know that I'm going with DI its just a matter of me finding all of the clinics and stuff and insurance type stuff :)

Deb2You2 said...

Jen - If you email me directly at deb2you2-email@yahoo.com, it should route to my main email address (which has my last name in it). Maybe I will test it to be sure. Then, I can have your email address and I will respond with my phone numbers so we can talk. Anyway, I can help make your journey easier and shorter, let me know. Debbie

Deb2You2 said...

Okay, I tested deb2you2-email@yahoo.com and it does route directly to my main email. Debbie