Friday, December 01, 2006

My Funny Kid

I say this with total love and affection, but my son can be quite odd at times. Apparently, he has the stomach virus for the first time. My friend who watched Max for me yesterday afternoon, her daughter started vomiting right before we arrived and vomited a few times while Max was there and he was exposed. As I walked by his room this morning, I smelt the stench indicating that he has succumbed to the virus after exposure. I heard him stir a few times last night, but that isn’t too unusual especially since he only got an hour nap yesterday. Yes, I check and he is still alive and sleeping peacefully and other than the smell, the only evidence was a half a cherry laying on his sheet which I removed. As tempting as it is to wake him and clean him and the crib up, I decided he must need his sleep more. This is the first time he has ever vomited and he never was much of a spitter upper as a baby and this seemed not to phase him at all.

I have noticed (and so has at least one other friend who pointed it out) that Max seems fairly oblivious to physical discomfort. He tolerates cold extremely well and would most often* rather be outside in the cold playing than inside given the choice. He seems to handle teething pain well since the other day when he was throwing a fit when I was putting him in his car seat (sadly, a regular occurrence these days as near as I can tell just on general principle) I notice some of his back teeth (maybe a molar, but it seems to early for that) was coming in.

The only thing that really gets him upset is gas. He will cry and scream and fuss when he is gassy.

Okay, said kid has now woken. Must go. And, so starts another day.

Update: He is currently watching TV. Woke up in a great mood. Wanted to touch and play in his dried vomit chunks. His poor bunny got the worst of it. He seems to like the new work…Icky…and tried it out a few times. He got mildly upset when he saw his Poo Bear go into the washing machine. Only got really upset when I put him in the tub to wash his hair (fine initially until the hair washing/shower commenced). Really, really got worked up when I had to put him back in because there were still some chunks left and he needed a round 2. I think he really should have had a round 3, but decided not to push my luck. He is fine now that he is dry and dressed.

* He is in a TV phase and now has actually chosen to stay in and watch a show rather than go out in the cold, windy weather a time or two.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh, poor Max. I hope the bug passes quickly.