Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Feeling better – mostly

Horrible, horrible headache is gone and am only left with mild, low grade headache. May or may not have a tooth infection. Cough is almost gone. Back is sore. Stress related and out of alignment I’m sure. Spent almost entire day sorting through papers, paying bills, filing, balancing my checking account (which hadn’t been done since September). Almost finished, only have to balance my Amex for the last few months and file a few more things.

Attempted to make Caramelized Pears from this Simply Slow Cooking cookbook this morning in between paying bills. I followed the recipe exactly or so I thought, but something went horribly wrong. The sauce caramelized so much that everything is stuck solid, including the spoon, to the dish. Sigh. They looked really good too (in the book).

Told myself that once Max went down I would rally and work on Christmas Cards tonight and wrapping tomorrow night. And, I’m too tired. Think I will go feed the animals, medicate Shadow, pick up a bit, and go climb in bed with a book.

Max has red marks all over him self and will scratch himself raw (made his leg bleed the other day) when you take his clothes off. Trying to determine if this is a problem, an allergy, or something I should be concerned with. He is totally fine when fully clothed.

After the first night of boycott, he has been doing great in the sleep sacks. If fact, he seems to sleep a bit longer when in them, especially at nap time. Went down at noon and slept until I went in his room at 3:45 pm today. Yesterday, I didn’t put him in one at nap time and he woke up at 2:15ish. The day before I did and he slept until 3:40 when I went in his room. So, sleep has been good (hope I don’t jinx myself), but his eating has slowed. Last night he really only ate fruit (forget what he was offered). Tonight he only ate noodles and fruit and left his peas and beef tips alone. Hmmm. Not really worried about the eating because he does go through fazes and was eating an unbelievable amount of food last week and the week before except for the few days his tummy was off with the vomit and diarrhea.

Still have a lot of thoughts about Dr. N and Dr. P and their family/kids and my consult with Dr. A and what to do for a next cycle rolling around in my brain. Just don’t have the energy or wherewithal to get into it right now.

I guess I’m hosting Christmas eve, which I am actually very happy about since I think it will be easiest in the long run, but this means that I need to decide what to cook and get it ready. I think I will call Honey Baked and reserve a ham and some trimmings and serve that and have left overs for Christmas day.

Trying not to think about everything that needs to get done in preparation for Christmas and work. I still haven’t written any more reviews. I think I have 5 or 6 out of 45 ish done. Yikes. Although, I have been checking email and doing some follow up as needed there since I really don’t have a back up since everyone is out. I am feeling some stress, but not enough stress to actually work on anything right now. Ta ta. Off to finish my “must do” chores and to bed.

No comments: