Tuesday, December 05, 2006

In a Funk

First, let me say that I am feeling significantly better today. I think it really was a 24 hour type thing because I woke about 3 am Sunday night feeling crappy and about 2:30* this morning feeling much better. I still have some diarrhea and haven’t felt like eating much (3/4 of an egg McMuffin and a bowl of noodles), but much better than yesterday.

Yet, I have wasted so much time today that I don’t have to waste. I’m kind of pissed and disappointed in myself here. I am only hurting myself since the more I procrastinate the worse it is going to get, but I am just not motivated to do things that just absolutely have to get done by the end of the year. If I don’t get them done in the next two weeks, I will just have to do them when I am on vacation. Other people are counting on me. Yet, today, I didn’t start work until 9:30…needed to fix the vacuum since the part came in the mail yesterday and the cleaning lady came today (saved several hundred dollars, almost makes up for the washing the cell phone thing..sigh). And, then, I spent several hours surfing the net.

I have decided I am in a funk. Can’t seem to concentrate. Don’t feel like doing it. Maybe it is short term depression like thing because I have felt like crying on and off all day. Maybe it is the hormones, lack of sleep, desire to be an independently SAHM, blah, blah, blah.

Tomorrow, I vow to be better. The only problem with tomorrow is that I have meetings straight from 9 am – 12:30 pm and then need to leave at 2 pm for my RE appointment so that doesn’t leave much time to actually work. On Monday, I had to average writing 4 annual performance reviews to get them completed prior to vacation. This means I should have 8 done, when I actually have 0 done.

Enough whining. I am going to just wrap up for the day and promise to do better tomorrow.

As to Max, he decided he wasn't going to take a nap today, no how, no way, and we couldn't make him. After 90 min. in his crib, we freed him, but that means he will need to go to bed early and it likely will be an early morning with a waking or two tonight as a result. Sigh. Good thing most days, I don't mind little sleep and usually, Max isn't the cause.

* Only dozing between 5 am – 5:30 am when Max woke up. Damn, I kept telling myself just to get up and work instead of trying to go back to sleep, but no, I just laid there wasting time.

No comments: