Saturday, December 23, 2006

Getting into the spirit

I’m starting to get into the spirit of the holiday over here. I realized last night after I posted that I had been carrying around a lot of toxic, negative thoughts for awhile and getting them out has helped. My ovaries, especially my left, are still really sore, but I have decided just to wait until next week to email/call if they are still bugging me.

I’m almost ready for Christmas, I have three more gifts (ornaments) to order for my sisters kids, but have already told her they won’t get there by Christmas and they do have another present from me under the tree. I have picked them out, but just need to order them. I started getting them each an ornament every year since they were born and have been regretting it the last year or two, sigh, but can’t really stop now, can I?

My mom is here and has at least tried to help. I told her last night after Max was down that this was the time of night that it was really hard for me to have company and to not be crabby. I told her that I needed some “me” time along with an early bed time since I am up so early. So, I (mostly) don’t feel guilty for ignoring her for the last hour while I caught up on the computer, did a load of laundry, picked up the house, fed the animals, loaded and set the dishwasher, etc.

A friend told me that a local grocery story had a Christmas dinner special that was pretty good, except for the stuffing, so I ordered us one. However, they didn’t have any at that store so we have to pick it up about 20 minutes away. My mom and niece are going to do that tomorrow for me. For $50 you get a turkey, mash potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauces, green bean casserole, and a pie. It is supposed to feed between 6 – 8. Everyone coming is fine/thrilled with it so we are not stressed, in the kitchen, and have time to relax. My sister who is not here was horrified. I said, yeah, well if you were here, you would either make a nice meal or at least help. Took a lot of pressure off.

Finally, I am kind of looking forward to the holiday. It just seems like so much really sucky stuff has happened lately. Christmas is usually my favorite holiday and it has just seem like such a chore and that I was “checking things off the list” rather than enjoying the season like I normally do.

I can finally say MERRY CHRISTMAS and mean it.

No comments: