Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas 2006

Pictures from earlier in the month of our tree and decorations.


Christmas Tree


Christmas Decorations

Pictures from Christmas morning/day.


Momma and Max in our Christmas PJ's and the presents from Santa.


Max in Christmas PJ's playing with present from Santa.


Max playing with other present from Santa (mat) and football from his Aunt Kris.


Max in his new Charger outfit, playing basket ball (at 16 months).


Max "playing" basketball.


Max making a basket (with Momma's help) in his new basketball hoop.

We had a very nice and relaxing Christmas. It was a small gathering with just my mom and youngest sister Kris spending the day with us. Max has been totally into basketball since I took him to a high school JV game a few weeks ago to see a team that a friends sister coaches. He will turn on and change the channel on the TV to find a game; run to find our basket ball, and keep saying to the TV “basket ball”.. He will point out basket ball courts and hoops when driving. He will now, want to run up and down the court when we go to a park that has them. He also likes football, will turn on a football game, get his football, and say “football”. He can play for 20 minutes with a tennis ball. When we go on walks, if we pass a lemon or orange tree, he will want you to pick one for him, and when you give it to him, he will say, ‘ball”. He loves all balls, but his current favorite is basket ball. I mentioned to my youngest sister, who used to be a professional soccer play and very into sports that Max could use a smaller size basketball for Christmas since we only had “my” official adult size one. She went all out and got him a hoop, 3 different size basketballs, and a small soccer and football that came with the smallest basketball (seen featured in these pictures). He liked the presents from Santa (the wooden cube and the mat), but loved the balls and the hoop.

Max really had no interest in opening the presents or in the presents themselves until they were already open. We opened a few family gifts on Christmas eve, the gifts from Santa (which weren’t wrapped) and gifts from friends/relatives in the morning, and then a few more later in the morning. Max seemed a bit overwhelmed by everything at a certain point and would play with the “old” familiar toys (other than the balls) until later today after they had sat around the house for awhile. I actually held back a few gifts from me that I will give to him at a later time because it is just so much. He got a sit-n-spin, a 3-1 toddler basketball, a little people ship, a little people farm, several books, a little tikes tool box (from me), on top of the presents from my sister and Santa. I have no idea where I am going to put all of this stuff. I think tomorrow, I will put some of it away for awhile and rotate through a new one every week for awhile to make it not so overwhelming for us both.

In ovary news, my ovaries really felt like they may burst on Christmas eve, but feels like things are subsiding now. So, possibly, I did have some follicles grow and ovulated, otherwise, I don’t really know what it could have been. Too bad, the timing was so off that I couldn’t get in for an u/s to see what was going on there.

We had a nice breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs, and fruit. Then, snacked the rest of the day and had left overs tonight. So, no big cooking or clean up. Thank goodness, because it was enough as it was dishes wise on top of all of the wrapping paper, boxes, and stuff. Anyway, all and all, it was a very nice Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


ps. In some of these pictures, can you believe that Max is only 16 months?

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten, he looks more like a 2 yr old!
Happy Christmas Deb! I hope you had a joyous time and that 2007 brings joy and good news!!!