Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Protocol Highlights

Just got off the phone with my coordinator and got the highlights of my protocol.

No Lupron. Start Cetritide when lead follicle gets to 15 – 16 mm.

8 Amps of Follistim for 2 days dropping to 4 Amps after 2 days with 1 Amp of Menepur.

Stop BCP’s on the 12th.

Baseline u/s (cd2) = 7/18

Follow up u/s (cd5) = 7/21

Follow up u/s (cd9) = 7/25

Assuming I make it that far:
ER ~ earliest 7/27 and latest 8/2
ET ~ earliest 7/31 and latest 8/6

Amazing how much better I feel now that there is a concrete plan. It isn’t really as aggressive as I would have liked, but hey, I am not the RE and he is worried that I may overstim even though I told him it wouldn’t happen. He said he has heard that before. I mean, MAYBE if my right ovary decides to play, but that isn’t going to happen. Basically it is about double dosage of my last cycle of which I had possible 4 (2 on the high end of maturity and 2 on the low end of maturity). The way I figure it that the max we get is 8 out of this and likely less. Damn. Should I just trust or talk to RE about this. HAHAHAHAHA, trust, that’s a good one. So, I will likely send an email to RE to discuss this a bit. I have decided that this will (most likely) be my one and only IVF if I get there. Maybe I will call a friend to banter protocols with first.

I have a killer headache that is making me nauseous, am very tired since Max decided that waking up in the 3 am hours was a good idea…sure he got to nap between 7:30 and 9 am and again from 1 – 2:30. He still has a bit of diarrhea, but the bum is looking and feeling better.

Mom’s here reading in the living room while Naomi is walking Shadow and Max before we head out to dinner, while I “work”.

No comments: