Friday, June 09, 2006

I’m pregnant

Dr. N let me test early. Beta = 29.6. Just got the news less than an hour ago. I go back on Monday for a follow up beta and hope/pray the number doubles. But, at least for now. I’m a pregnant lady. Wahoo!!

It makes up for the fact that I am short on sleep and tired; that Max is sick and had an elevated temperature for 4 days now; that the pediatrician said he will likely get worse before he gets better; that I am missing my local SMC meeting tomorrow because we are sick.

None of that matters because I have passed the first milestone in what I hope become a brother or sister for Max. If all goes well, I should have the best birthday present ever come next February.

Hip Hip Horray!

I have to yell and cheer and be happy here because I have told/am telling so few people. A few good local friends knew I was cycling and I will tell them the good news and I told me cousin who is under strict orders to tell no one except her husband until I say so.

Hip Hip Horrah!

Grow little embryo. Grow. Double. Triple. Develop according to plan. I really, really want you little one. My family will not be complete with out you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie - Love reading your blog. I used to post with you on IVFC/Single under user name Harding. I'm so happy for your postive beta. Congrats and I will pray you and your baby. Hugs

Jen said...

YAY :) I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! What a nice thing to read today when I popped online. I'll be saying lots of prayers and sending babydust!!! You'll be finding out your doubling on MY birthday!!! YAY :)

Deb2You2 said...

Thanks Harding! Thanks Jen!

Harding - I think about you and Gem and a number of the other women who used to post on IVFC quite a bit. I'd love to hear how you are doing these days.

Jen - Happy, Happy Birthday! Another year wiser!!

Katrina said...

YAY! Congratulations!! :) I am so happy and excited for you Debbie. :)