Sunday, June 18, 2006

1 in 5; 20%

I was re-reading the m/c portions of my pregnancy books last night. Yes, some nice light reading. I had forgotten that 1 in 5 women/ 20% of all women bleed in pregnancy with out having a miscarriage. For some reason, that is a higher stat than I remember and I found it strangely comforting. Been doing fine this weekend. Been very busy. Max is basically on one nap a day these days. He was so tired after swimming and playing outside and being generally on the go most of the day that he was crashed out by 6:30 both last night and tonight. Of course, this meant he was up at 4:30 am this morning. Yeah me! – NOT. I did nap when he napped this morning, but am still tired from being on the go and in the sun myself. Anyway, just thought I would do a quick post to say that I am still spotting, but not nearly as bad as last week. Had a bit of cramping start a few hours ago, but drugged up on Tylenol. What I can’t feel doesn’t stress me out. Basically, I am currently taking everything in stride. While not confident that the pregnancy will last, I am not freaked out at the moment. Taking Friday afternoon off and seeing my acupuncturist was the best decision I have made in awhile. It got me relaxed and in a much better place. I am also listening to the hypno birth CD from my doula before bed. I always found that so relaxing and am asleep before it completes. I can’t believe the weekend is over and another work week is about to start. Ugh. As tiring as it is, I much rather hang out and play with and read to and teach my little Max all day. That kid is something else. He has started to climb. No, he can’t walk yet, but he has managed to climb up the footrest into the stroller which was secure from being tipped over because I had the handle wedged between the French/lever door handle. He got into the pantry this morning and removed everything from the first shelf in short order and then started to climb up to the second shelf. I was torn between grabbing the camera or ensuring safety. Safety one. I am finding being a mommy, much more fulfilling and rewarding that the job that pays me money these days. I keep reminding myself that I spotted/bleed with Max and that I have a good chance of being the 1 of being in the 20%. I hope so. I can’t change the situation. The pregnancy is either viable or it isn’t. I can’t change that. I can only change how I react to it. I am going to try be calm and take things in stride. I’ve done fairly well at that this weekend with Max to keep me on my toes.

No comments: