Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Not Viable

Even though I knew that I was miscarrying in my heart, I was hoping I was wrong and I am still very sad to have it confirmed. Beta = 406. It should have been at least around 1000. So, I’m stopping the mega doses of progesterone and will retest next week to confirm my beta has dropped to zero which is very likely since it is already so low. As long as it is zero by July 1st, I will be able to do am IVF cycle in July. Otherwise, the next IVF is in September and I will likely do an IUI or two in the meantime. While it isn’t as devastating the second time around and with a gorgeous child at home, it still stings. And, of course, the insult added to the injury is the bleeding and cramping and general sick feeling to go with the dashed hope. I think I am going to “cave in” for a bit.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry :( My thoughts and prayers are with you.