Monday, April 18, 2005

Trash Day; Maternity Clothes; Chicken; Lucky; and Waking up angry

Trash Day
In case I have never mentioned it. I really hate trash day. It is not that it is actually really hard or time consuming taking the cans (that have wheels on them) from the side yard to the street, but I just don’t like doing it. It is one of the only things that makes me wish that I am married so that I can pawn off the task. Then, I need to remind myself that it even if I was married, I would probably still have to deal with the trash. My sweet hubby would probably want to wait until Tuesday morning to take out the trash, which would drive me crazy, so I would have to do it Monday night and be even more annoyed. See, I am perfectly capable of getting into an argument with a husband I don’t even have. How’s that for funny?

Maternity Clothes
The situation is getting desperate. I didn’t do laundry this weekend and it was a cool dreary day. I ended up wearing these pants that I couldn’t even fasten and tried the old rubberband trick. It didn’t work and I just spent the day with my pants unbuttoned. A very attractive look. Good thing I work from home full time. My mom has bought me a few things - 3 pair of pants and 2 tops. They all actually sound very ugly and unattractive. I reminded her that I only wanted one pair of pants and 3 shorts according to "the list". She agreed that the pickings were slim and said we could “cut off” the pants and make them into shorts if I liked them. I will see them on Wednesday when she comes for dinner. Of course, I can’t complain too much. Like I found anything for myself more attractive? NOT.

Chicken
I was able to eat chicken for the first time since I was pregnant tonight. When I went out to walk the dogs, my neighbor was out and some really great smells were coming from her kitchen. I commented on this and asked what was for dinner because it smelled great. When I got back from my walk, she had Rick bring over a plate. MMMMM. It was really good.

Lucky
Lucky seems to be doing great with her treatment. She has had 4 (weekly) treatments so far and has rotated through all of the drugs. The worst she has had was loose stool a few times which could have been caused by eating grass, cat poop (which is a recent taste of hers, although her sister Shadow has been fond of it for years, and something I can’t think about too much because it makes me want to gag and puke), or some other random thing. The people at the clinic seem very nice and Lucky doesn’t really get freaked out going anymore. Yes, she tries to head for the door instead of the back each time (I think that is a matter of principle). However, after the treatment when the tech brings her back. She comes to get love from me and say hi, and then goes back to him to be petted while he gives me an update and instructions for the week. She wouldn't do that if she didn't like him/the place. I am currently torturing her just a bit by getting on the computer instead of giving her the left over chicken morsels I didn’t eat. She thought it smelled great too and was begging while I was eating. Can’t reward that behavior so had to break up the events and make her wait a bit. Sick or not, some behaviors just can't be tolerated. Updated to add, she put her paws up the counter trying to get to the chicken while I was typing this so she is currently trapped by my feet under the desk until I get done. I think she misses me making Chicken!! And/or the steroids she has been on for weeks is making her do it. LOL.

Waking up angry
I had this very odd and totally unrealistic dream on Friday night. I was up in the mountains with the dogs by myself in early August and got to talking with this guy who was a sperm donor (not mine). I ended up going into labor and he said he would take me down the hill and drop me off at the hospital and then take the dogs home. He mentioned that he had never been to a birth before so I invited him to come and be a part of mine. Turns out he was a famous actor and one of the nurses called her friend who called a friend and so on. This one lunatic fan had the nerve to sneak into my labor room to “talk” to him and get his autograph. I went off on her and told her this was about me and me having my baby and to get the hell out. I had them call security and then had her arrested. Then, the hospital administrator came and tried to tell “Tim” that it would probably be better that he left because he wasn’t the father and him being there was causing all kinds of problems. I just lost it on the guy. I got so angry, I woke up. I mean it was only a dream, but physically, it could have been real I was so worked up. It took me hours to get back to sleep. The good news is that I can actually picture/visualize going to term and having a successful outcome. And, my RE came to see how things were going. He and my OB happened to be out to dinner and instead of just dropping her off he came in to say hi. Hey, it’s my dream. I can have whatever fantasies in it I want. Anyway, I don't think I have ever woken up so angry from a dream before. Funny!

No comments: