Saturday, April 09, 2005

Boy am I tired!

But, I had a great time getting that way. I hosted a local SMC meeting today and had a WONDERFUL time. I really enjoy having people over/entertaining. There was a very good turnout and I think everyone had fun. Cute little Gabriel was crying when it was time to leave because he didn't want to go. Hosting is a bit different than attending. I feel like I had lots of little conversations with everyone, but not any big, lengthy talks with anyone. Oh well, I can catch up on that at the next meeting.

I got some really good advice on painting my main room that I think I will heed about using just one color. I was thinking of using two. It is kind of hard NOT to talk about paint when you come to my house because a few walls have at least 6 different “tester” colors on them and all of them have at least one “tester” color. LOL. You have to see it to truly get the idea. I don’t even think a digital picture would truly capture the affect.

I was visibly showing. I really must buy some maternity clothes soon. Yes, I have been saying that for weeks, but I only have a few outfits left that I can comfortably wear. One of which is the baby doll dress that I wore today which just puts my belly “out there”. Some of the outfits, it is still a bit less noticeable.

My Brie Pasta was a big hit with no leftovers to send home with anyone. Everyone was surprised at how many toys and kid things I have. They have accumulated over the years as my sister and cousin have come and gone with their kids leaving things behind or buying them specifically for “Aunt Debbie’s”.

I have the dogs walked and everything picked up but the dishes, which I am saving for tomorrow. It is only 6:15, but I am thinking of taking a warm bath and climbing into bed to catch up on my TV watching. I think it may have been 3 weeks now since I have turned it on for anything more than a quick look at the news and weather.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Sounds like a great time! :) I have not volunteered to host a meeting yet. I love having people over, but I don't have a lot of things for kids yet (I have no siblings and therefore no nieces and nephews). Hope you had a good relaxing night!:)