Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The kid is already keeping me from sleep

The last few days have been incredibly busy. Work has been one long string of meetings with no time to check my work email, let alone catch up on my personal email, keep up on blogs, and/or buddy groups.

On my way back from hiking the dogs this morning, I stopped and got some groceries. If I didn’t have to rush to a meeting you would have gotten a blog post about paper vs. plastic bags and how packers don’t understand the concept of not making a grocery bag too heavy. It was all composed in my head as I brought the groceries in and put them away.

Anyway, I had to have celery and peanut butter. It was worth the stop. First time I went out of my way to satisfy a “craving”. I actually started having a taste for celery and peanut butter on Tuesday night and thought about going and begging some celery off one of my neighbors because I was too tired to go to the store, but decided to save my favors/requests in case I need something bigger. The quick stop turned into a full on stock up as I realized that I haven’t been in awhile and needed quite a few things. By the time I got home and got the groceries put away I had 10 min. until my first meeting. I had to decide between a shower or breakfast. Breakfast won. I was in back to back to back meetings all day with only a half hour break where I had to quickly shower, make a few phone calls, and grab lunch (celery and pb) to eat in my next meeting. The afternoon was much like the morning. Back to back to back meetings until it was time to leave for dinner with my mom and sister. I was so tired I wanted to beg off, but didn’t. Got home, walked the dogs, gave them their evening treat, and took a warm bath because I was feeling a bit crampy and my lower back was very tight. Climbed into bed all ready to read (current book of choice is The Time Travelers Wife) when my Lucky Lucky climbed on the bed in her corner, put her head over by me and gave a pathetic plea for attention. I called her closer and we cuddled for awhile. I tried to do this and read, but as soon as I picked up my book she started licking my hand telling me…more…more…more. Apparently, she needed a bit of focused attention. I almost drifted off to sleep when I felt the common urge to pee, thus ending Lucky bonding time as I got up and took care of business and Lucky decided she had enough love for the moment. Got back in bed and settled when my little kid decided to start kicking up a storm. It is still so cool and novel to me and I am not quite sure how one sleeps through that, but maybe I will become more blasé in time.

I am quite relieved to know the kid is still alive. I was just thinking while in the bath that the last time I remember feeling movement was on Sunday afternoon while out watching a movie with some friends and that I am glad that my next OB appointment is on Friday so I could have another “Live Baby Check”. However, my little kids is trying to get back into my good graces my letting me know he/she is alive instead of making me wait and try not to worry until Friday. What a good kid even if he/she is disrupting my sleep a bit!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

YEAH! That's awesome:)