Saturday, April 23, 2005

On maternity clothes, baby clothes, and good friends

Yesterday was a historic day, not only did I get a Live Baby Check (more commonly known as a monthly OB appointment) and find out the gender of my little one…I actually bought some maternity clothes and an outfit for my little girl that she won’t be able to wear until Summer of 2006. (Now, isn’t that quite optimistic of me? Can you tell I am feeling proud of myself?)

The maternity clothes situation was/is getting desperate. There are so few clothes that I can still fit into with any kind of comfort. My mom pulled through and bought a bunch of pants and tops for me, but they must all go back. I could only fully get into one of the pants and I had no room for growth in them. I didn’t even try on most of the tops because they were so ugly I knew that I wouldn’t wear them even if they did fit. Anyway, I managed to get a pair of pants that were very comfortable and in sweat like material. I can’t say they are very stylish, but they were so comfy (with the added bonus that I actually look, in my own mind, pregnant and not just fat in them); I bought 2 in different colors. Then, I got some cheap, cheesy plus size short that are nothing special but they will do.

The funny thing about the maternity section in every store is that it is RIGHT next to the baby section. Talk about strategic planning. Anyway, my friend Cindy was out and about with me and got me motivated. She bought a cute little top/one-zy (how is that actually spelled anyway?) for my little one because she was afraid my poor child would not have anything “new” to wear (LOL) since I had told her I didn’t plan on buying any baby/new born clothes since my friend Rosa is sending her non-gender specific clothes her son (born last August) can’t use anymore, my friend Heather has saved stuff for me, and my sister is sending stuff along. While I was trying on and rejecting about every maternity outfit I put on (and disgusting my shopping buddy), Cindy found this really cute little green and pink 12 mo. summer dress with the matching bottoms on sale for 50% off. Hey, for $7.50, even if she only gets to wear it once or twice it won’t be much of a waste.

So, thanks to friends like Cindy who get you past your barriers and phobia’s! Maybe buying more will be less difficult now.

No comments: