Friday, January 08, 2010

Just behind

I'm about 70% done with Christmas cards....meaning one has gone out in the mail, about half are written and addressed, but not yet mailed and I need to assemble the rest and get them in the mail.

Christmas decorations are up still. I made a choice not to spend my last few precious vacation days taking them down and doing fun stuff with the kids instead. I don't regret that. And, this weekend, I have company and the start of the birthday party circuit so it's not happening any time soon. They will get down at some point. Max is arguing for leaving it up all year. My hope is that by the end of the month I'll have eeked out time and gotten it done.

Vacation was great. We did some fun stuff like all go to the zoo and the Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball. Max and I took a metro trip to the Aquarium, and we had several PJ days. Christmas present were all enjoyed and a big hit

The hardest part about being back to work is how much the kids miss more of my time and attention. Especially N. And, work is really busy and will be probably all year, but especially from now until summer. I worked every night this week and that likely won't change for awhile. Unless by some miracle I become independently wealthy.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Just reading your post makes me feel better about all the things I didn't get done over our winter break. I am inspired by your line-- I made a choice not to spend my last few precious vacation days taking them down ---
I need to make more decisions like that.
This is why I follow blogs, to be inspired by other moms who live in the real world with all its stress but make their children a top priority. Thanks for sharing!