Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weighing In

The twins had their 6 month ped appointment yesterday.... Below are their stats adjusted to 4 months, as opposed to 3 1/2 which is closer to the truth, but not really necessary...

N
Wt 14 lbs 2 oz, 75%
Ht 24 1/2 in, 50%
HC, 16, 40%

R
Wt 14 lbs, 3 oz, 50%
Ht 24 1/2 in, 40%
HC, 16 1/2, 50%

Highlights: They both got lots of shots, although not as many as they could have gotten since we have to be back next month for the second flu shot and the third synigis shot we split the immunizations up. R weighing more than N. He consistently eats at least 1 - 2 oz less each meal, but I guess he does sleep better overall so I guess that's what does it. However, anyone looking at them is shocked because N is so round and chubby looking, as well a baby should be. Dr. H laughed when I told him N doesn't do discomfort well and commented that his wife doesn't either. LOL. We could start solids/rice cereal or we could wait a month or two. I'm going to wait a bit while I continplate making my own baby food and get rice cereal recommendations. For those of you who have done this, and I know at least two of you so will likely email off line if/when I get a chance, what book recommendations, good tips/advice, family favorites, and/or lessons learned do you have for me? Both babies were tired and fussy last night. R woke up a lot. I didn't get much sleep. And, I've now got a sore throat and sniffles. Can you see where this is headed? At least I'll be on vacation, officially, in a few hours, although I've lost focus and am pretty much mentally done. However, Max will also be on vacation so probably rest and naps are out sadly.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

We are getting ready to head for Canada tomorrow morning despite all the snow we have been getting (and thus why we are leaving a day earlier than planned...a third snow day in a row this week...). Anyway, don't have much time right now, but I mostly used the website wholesomebabyfood. Very, very simple to make baby food. I also took the book Super baby food out of the library and as the kids get older and you can be more adventurous with food, I like the book Better baby food which I also got out of the library. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your twins are looking wonderful and big! I made homemade babyfood (not all the time, but sometimes) using Annabel Karmel's books. The food tasteed so much better than jars and it didn't really take very long to make. nancy in ak