Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Three, 3, III

I could have cried for joy! I’m on the emotional downswing from my u/s this afternoon. I have 3 follicles. I’m totally fine with this being a scrap cycle. After all, my cycles never really look good on paper. And, I got pregnant with Max on a cycle much, much worse than this one. I’m on cd20 right now. I was cancelled on cd12 for no response after 11 days of stims. Last Friday when I begged for an u/s..okay, really, I didn’t have to beg, I just had to asked, because….I’m like a fixture or part of the staff around there and have been going there longer than at least half of the staff….Anyway, I called and got in last Friday and had two follicles sitting at 13. Today, I have 3….1 at 20; 2 at 18. This is the first response since my one follicle in my cancelled IVF last July. If you add up all the follicles in all the cycles I have attempted for #2 this response probably equals the sum total. I feel like I have a fighting chance this month. I have some hope that this could really be my month. Dr. Q after shaking his head in disbelief asked me if I wanted to try to convert to IVF. I declined. I think I have him convinced to let me trigger on Thursday for a Saturday IUI. I’m supposed to check my LH and call tomorrow. Now, I could trigger tomorrow for a Friday IUI, but I’d like to let them grow one more day. The last two times I’ve gotten pregnant (with Max being the first of those) my lead was at 24. By Thursday, the lead should be just about there. What looked like and should have been another miserable cancellation just a little over a week ago, now looks to be my best cycle yet. I’m so glad I asked for that extra u/s even if I was expecting to have them say I was full of it and didn’t have anything growing. Wow, wow, wow! The quality is dubious, but I’m in the game. It really, really, really could work this month. Hot Damn!

Note: Written on 2/27/07 at 7:30 pm ish, but not able to post because blogger was down so I have now added and post dated. Not that anyone really cares, but...felt like I had to say it for the record. :)

3 comments:

Solitaire said...

I already posted you-know-where, but yay for three!!!

I'm excited for you - I hope this is the month! Finally some ovarian response.

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie - Just wanted to de-lurk to say "YEA!!!!" I'm so happy for you and praying this cycle works really really well. It's so nice that you got such a great response and with no additional meds.

Love the new pictures as well. Your little boy is just beautiful and my Jack has a bit of hair envy! lol

Anonymous said...

sorry that last comment was from Harding. I'm such a space-cadet.