Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Nothing Post

I’m sure if I thought about it, I could find something meaningful to post about, but I’m tired/mind numb at the moment. I had a good idea for a post yesterday. Ah, yes, it is coming back to me about how sleep begets sleep. Max is in a weird sleep pattern. Shorter naps and a bit longer at night, BUT he is waking up on and off at night crying for a minute or two or even a few more before falling back to sleep. This of course wakes me up for a bit while I listen and determine if intervention is needed or not, pee since I am already awake, let the dog out to pee (since she is so old now that using the doggie door is hard for her). Between Max and the dog who has decided to eat at 3 am and for some reason move around his metal bowl on my tile floor so loudly that I can hear it across the house and waking me up, I haven’t had a good night sleep in awhile. But that, all and all, I think I actually get more sleep, but am more tire and sleep after having Max. Hmmmm.

I have some cute pics of Max that I haven’t unloaded from the camera yet. One of him this weekend playing in a puddle with a ball. Like doesn’t get any better than that for him. The two things he loves most. Water and Balls. He is actually getting quite good at making baskets with all different sizes and weights of balls.

One of Max’s other favorite activities these days is chasing the cat. The cat is quite tolerant and doesn’t seem to mind most of the time. In the past, the cat would be the one trying to get Max to do the chasing. Max will start crying and tell City ‘no, no, no’ when he walks/runs away from him. Then, Max will usually go over to Shadow and give her a big hug instead since Shadow almost never moves away from Max even when he is sitting or bouncing or doing a full body hug. Max, be nice to your doggie, she is old. You are hurting her. You can’t bounce/lay on your doggie are very familiar refrains around here. Poor Shadow. I think she loves the attention, but that Max does hurt her. Come on, she’s 16 now and Max is 25 lbs.

Still in a hibernate, don’t feel like talking or hanging out with friends moods. Finished my last good book and have been zoning out in front of the TV (for a rare change). Cleared out most of what I wanted to watch off the DVR. Sigh.

Nothing going on. Nothing new. No knew news. Got nothing to say about anything today! Got to wrap this up and turn off my computers so I can go spend time with Max* and then do nothing once I put him to bed.

As I’ve been typing this getting crampy and light my periods will be here soon. Here’s to betting that it comes by the weekend. Unlike some, I’ll get a period taking huge amounts of progesterone or not. I’ll still wait for beta until stopping, you know, just in case an all.

There you have it…my post about nothing.

* I would say do nothing with Max, but that is an impossibility and something he would never let me get away with although has he ages he takes much less time and attention. We will do our nightly walk and then play a bit before bed time. One of the amazing things about Max (maybe it is like this with all kids?) is how he reminds me that it isn’t the destination, but the journey that is important.

No comments: