Friday, February 23, 2007

Hope and New Born Babies!

The best part of this week is that my friend M delivered two healthy boys this morning. Her road to being a mommy was longer than any person I know. I’m so happy for her. I got to see her this afternoon and hold one of the babies. She looked great. He was so cute and so small. OMG. Just affirmed for me that I am not ready to give up. I am so darn happy for her.

My u/s this afternoon went very differently than I thought and worth the wait, which started to get me frustrated because it meant I may not get to see my friend and the babies and did cut into visit time. But, my lining was good over 8 with a triple line. And, I had two follicles that had grown to 13. Dr. Q was just shaking his head and kept saying that he didn’t know what to do with me and that I sure wasn’t a text book case. LOL. I assured him that was true. He asked me if I had continued the meds. LOL. Ahhh, no. I was expecting you to tell me I still had nothing there.

We talked about me maybe adding a low dose stim back in. I told him I would think about it, but have opted to not. The stims don’t seem to help and these were growing on their own. So, I’m going to ride it out. I’m going to go in for another u/s next week. Dr. Q said Monday or Tuesday. I’m going to make the appointment for Wednesday if possible since I like them large.

When I walked out, he was talking to all the nurses who were sitting around. I guess I was the last appointment. We all had a laugh about how I’d be back as long as there was the smallest glimmer of hope since I had conceived Max on such a scrap cycle.

I really can’t believe it. There still is some hope for this cycle. Maybe a little of life left in my ovary. Back to hoping and praying over here. And, yes, I took my prenatals, the dex, and the Omega oil when I got home.

Now, I’m not going crazy with excitement over here. The odds are still not great and the quality is questionable since it is so late in the cycle, but I’m hoping they continue to grow and I get to waste another vial of sperm on a chance this month. That’s all I want. A CHANCE. Okay, what I really want is another miracle, but that can’t happen without a chance.

Maybe holding the baby (gosh, was he gorgeous, but I think I already said that) will help. Don’t they emit some fertility pheromone or something?

ETA: And, my consult with the financial coordinator went well. Got all the information I needed plus information on about 6 or so DE agencies to look into research. They have two packages. Glad we talked. Well worth the time.

No comments: