Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thirty-Ten

Lordy, Lordy, today I turn 40. Or, as a good friend told me, I am turning thirty-ten, a numbering scheme inspired after the French number system. Where has the time gone? I don’t feel as old as that number implies.

How am I celebrating? In style of course. NOT! I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and my regular Wednesday night dinner with my mom this evening. I have been wearing the diamond earrings I bought myself to celebrate the event all week. I am having lunch with a friend on Friday. Some friends organized an Italian pot luck at my house on Saturday. Should be fun.

Max is still sick. He is now stuffy and having trouble eating/breathing at the same time. His temp. was down to 99.? At 6 am this morning. He boycotted his afternoon nap yesterday, but has been taking good morning naps and going to bed early. Poor guy!

Another SMC and I made a date last night for next Valentine’s Day for pizza with our kids. If we actually remember this plan next year, we think it will be a nice tradition. I, of course, personally think V-Day sucks and have never liked it. Too much competition for the REAL holiday around here - MY BIRTHDAY! I had left over ½ priced valentine cake as my birthday cake until I was in my early teens and boycotted. Good thing my grandma talked my mom out of having me delivered (scheduled c-section) on V-Day. I think I would have hated it even more.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

oo..sorry, I am late, Happy belated birthday!!! :)

and I am definitely there with you on hating Vday..