Sunday, February 12, 2006

Busy, stressful week

Things have been very, very busy and stressful lately. There was a work situation that came to a head this week that got me so upset that I couldn’t stop crying and that I completely overreacted on. I’m usually a pretty calm, easy going person that I surprised myself on how I could get to where I got. Enough so that I took advantage of our employee assistance program which allows self referral to a therapist and saw a therapist for the first time ever to talk about the situation. It is a pretty nice benefit. Six completely free sessions and 6 more at a $20 co pay. You can ask to use it for any reason you want and it is completely confidential. I guess I didn’t realize how much stress I was under in general, but especially at work since I have been back.

Max is still great and such a sweetie. I weighed him today by weighing us together and weighting myself and subtracting. It showed he now weights 15 lbs.

He is 6 mo. old this Friday. My gosh, the time has gone by fast. His favorite “trick” is to pull him self up to a stand or a sit then stand while holding on to your hands from his back. It is so cute. You ask him to give you his hands (in either Spanish or English) and he does. Then, pulls himself up and is so proud of himself. I really should get this on film.

I know I have said this before, but I really do think formula #4 is going to be the one. We haven’t given it to him straight yet, just a few ounces mixed with breast milk, but so far so good. He has poo’d 3 days in a row. That is excellent for him.

Max still isn’t much of a napper, only 30 min. this morning. It was just enough time for me to make and eat breakfast. He has been asleep for about 20 min. now. I think I will go try to get the house straightened a bit and then maybe I can even get a few minutes of “me” time in before he awakes.

No comments: