Monday, January 16, 2006

Saturday

Saturday was a big milestone. Max rolled over from back to front. Several times. At will. On purpose.

He did it the first time about 10 min. before the SMC Party while I was taking the Lasangna out of the oven. I didn’t see him do it, but just that he had done it.

He did it again after the party while I was going the bathroom and he was on the bathroom floor. Of course, he rolled onto the dog water bowl and my glass scale with sharp corners, but…details, details…he did it.

Then, of course, he did it after I put him in the crib and woke up fussy cause he was on his stomach and couldn’t get off, making me paranoid about suffocation. So, I have him back between the triangles to keep him from rolling over in his sleep.

He has rolled from front to back for awhile now, but not very often (especially after I put him on solids) and not really on purpose. In the last few days, he is getting better about going back and forth. It is very cute. He is very cute.

He is doing well since I have had him off solids for several days now. Thinking about starting him on formula either tomorrow or Wednesday. Starting small just 1 oz of formula mixed with 3 oz of breast milk once or twice a day and build up from there.

I may just be ready to wean next month after all. When Max was gassy and straining while on the prunes, he started chomping down on my nipple with his gums. He hasn’t stopped and it hurts. I mean, he stops when I yell “OWW, that hurts and take him off the boob” Then, he charms me into letting him suckle again and he is good for awhile until I am totally not expecting it. And, you guessed it. Chomp! Repeat. LOL. He is testing his limits and the action/reaction theory. I bite. Mamma yells. I tried to tell him it wasn’t funny. He wasn’t convinced.

The Christmas pictures are in. The Birth Announcements are in. I have done nothing with them and now stamps have gone up. One day soon. I really could have worked on it on Saturday and Sunday night because Max when to bed fairly early both days, but I relaxed instead. I needed the down time. It is a rare treat.

Work is still very busy and will be for the next few months.

I’ll have to post a nanny update one of these days, but things are going well.

The SMC Party on Saturday was fun. A big turnout. Four ladies with kids (including me), 6 kids (including Max), 2 women were 6 w pregnant, 3 women were in a 2ww with another joining them with a transfer on Sunday (1 of which has a 2 y.o. and is included in the 4 with kids count), 1 person who is trying to adopt, and 2 people who have been on an extended break and focusing on other things. Think that was it. Lots of fun and junk food.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Me=Moron...because I totally spaced about Saturday! I had full intentions of being there as well and seeing as next month I'll be starting job#2 (to help fund the babyfund) I don't know that I will make it...but I shall try :) I promise! Hope all is well with you and your little man :)

Deb2You2 said...

Jen - I actually was thinking about you and hoping you would come, but forgot to touch base with you before hand. Oh well, one of these days I hope we shall meet. Ugh! Starting another job? Just the thought of that makes me tired for you, but I understand...