Friday, January 13, 2006

Family Roll Call

Max sleeping in crib.

Dogs walking with Naomi. (okay, back before I finished and Naomi now on way home for the weekend)

City Boy asleep in bed on desk a foot away from me.

Mommy on computer.

Company gone.

Had a busy, but very good week. Still very behind at work, but stayed focused enough to make some progress. Looking forward to SMC party tomorrow. Ready for the weekend.

Dogs and cat getting along much better than I expected. Cat is starting to rule the roost around here. Very funny to see/watch. Occasionally, when the dogs don’t think I am looking or if I am distracted with Max, they will try to gang up on City Boy who is too fast for them and quickly jumps out of reach and taunts them until I break it up.

Max is doing better and better every day since I had him off prunes. Actually, I talked to the nurse at his peds office and decided to pull him off all solids for awhile. Get him on formula. Then, try again with either Oat or Barley cereal. The rash on his face and neck is almost gone, but he woke up screaming last night from a nap. I shoved some Mylicon down his thought. It took about 10 – 15 min. to calm down. His poor tummy. This morning he had a fairly hard stool. I hope all of this gets out of his system soon. Naomi and I talked about it today and agreed that he seemed much better today than he has in a week. Poor little guy. I hope he is over the worst of it. The nurse at the peds office annoyed me a bit when she said “this is why we don’t recommend starting solids so early” I replied, in a much nicer fashion that I felt, that the Dr. and I had a nice long talk about starting him at Max’s 4 month appointment and that I didn’t make the decision to start him on it by myself. That shut her up.

In other sad news, looks like I am going to have to take a 3 day/2 night trip for work at the end of February or early March. The dates are still getting set. My sister said that she would watch Max. I thought about asking Naomi to stay and still may if my sister flakes, but do think it would be better to give Naomi a break and have Max see a different face. I get sad and teary eyed just thinking about it. Hey, I’m the momma that doesn’t even like to go 30 miles in a car away from him. It’s going to be very, very, very hard. And, no, it doesn’t make any sense to try to bring him with the nanny because I will be booked the entire time I am there…cocktails and dinner the night in; all day meeting and dinner the next night; meetings the third day and then fly home. Been there done that. Wow, just remembering back to the same trip last year when I was pregnant and got sick and ended up admitted to the hospital. The trip must have been much later in the year last year. Anyway….

I’m tired. With the company, our routine has been a bit off and I have gotten to bed late and up at the same time and Max has only wanted to sleep right next to me. Not the crib, not the co-sleeper, just momma’s bed. And, I have been to tired to fight it.

Haven’t given a nanny update in awhile, but things are going really well. We still have miscommunications every now and again, but all and all..no complaints. I have vowed not to criticize any of her cleaning and only make corrections, if needed, where Max is concerned, but being a bit passive aggressive in regards to the pants folding. I have decided that I can’t live with them folded in thirds (too many wrinkles and harder to see and get off the shelf) so I have been refolding them. I was hoping she would take the hint. So bad.

Feeling thirsty so going to sign off, drink some water, and give my doggies some much needed love. They did great with an extra dog around all week. Plus, better than expected with City Boy. Time to reward them for good behavior.

No comments: