Tuesday, January 10, 2006

NO MORE PRUNES

I have officially decided that I am not giving Max any more prunes. He has been so fussy, gassy, and not sleeping well since I started them. Thought about calling my peds office to tell them that, but decided I am not going to. The cure is worse than the problem. I hope. Maybe I should research any long term problems from infrequent bowels in infants. All I know is that he may have only been going every 7 – 10 days, but he was happy. Now, he is fussy and strains to pass gas, etc. He cried on and off all morning. It was very, very sad. Showed Naomi some tricks on helping free the gas. He seems to be a bit better this afternoon (but still no BM since Sunday in spite of the prunes).

Got very little sleep last night. Max wanted to eat every 2 – 3 hours. And, he only wanted to sleep right next to me. He had one night of eating every 2 – 3 hours a week or so ago, but I was on vacation. He had another night where he just wanted to sleep next to me, but I was on vacation. Last night, he wanted both and I was NOT on vacation.

In other news, I may be inheriting the cat of my friend that just got married. Both she and her husband are allergic. She dealt with it for herself, but they can’t live together with City Boy because of severe allergies. The only problem is that my dogs, especially Shadow, like to chase and torment cats.

City Boy came last night. All and all, it is going well. Of course, I locked the dogs I in the room with Max and I for the night and gave City Boy the run of the house to get familiar with it. Found out this morning that Lucky is afraid of City Boy. Shadow will leave him be most of the time, but the two ganged up on him once this morning. City Boy came out fighting. Lucky slowly backed out of the room (like…I’m ssssorrry. Just kidding….). Shadow didn’t back off, but didn’t attack either. It was a Mexican stand off until I shoo’d the dogs away. Then, everyone went to their own quarters to nap the day away. LOL.

Getting a really diverse family these days.

I am expecting a friend any minute (a person I met through the SMC-ttc list over a year ago) from the Bay Area. She is bringing her dog (who has a spinal cord injury). And, they are going to stay a few days. She is going to a function for her cousin on Wednesday night while I dog sit.

Should be a real zoo around here.

Plus work is busy.

Plus hosting an SMC meeting on Saturday.

Lots of activity going and not very much sleep.

Yikes!

I will likely not get much non-work computer time in this week if any. Just picture a crazy, full house with lots going on.

I wish I had more computer time, but not as much as I am wishing for more sleep at this very moment.

Eyes blurry. Can’t think. Not sure I am making any sense. Prunes – NO. Cat – Maybe. Sleep – Yes, please.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Wow, your family is growing by leaps and bounds! LOL. I am surprised the cat and the dogs are mostly getting along...but happy to hear it. Hope that City Boy is settling in and that your pets soon work out their pecking order. ;)

No advice for you with the prunes and the BM problem, hopefully it is just a stage Max is going through and not something that will be a problem later on. :)

Sleep..yeah, I could use some of that too...but I must work on cleaning at least the visible parts of my house as I have a friend coming down tomorrow night, possibly with two kids and a husband and I just cannot let them see the mess it is right now! LOL Have fun visiting with your friend and hosting your SMC meeting!