Monday, January 02, 2006

It’s Raining, It’s Pouring

Yet another Nursery Rhyme/Song that seems a bit…negative?...shall we say, now that I am singing it to Max. Funny that it never occured to me when I was young.

It’s raining. It’s pouring. The old man is snoring. He went to bed and bumped his head and didn’t get up in the morning.

So, What? The guy dies?

Maybe it is just me, but the only rhymes/songs that I remember are morbid.

Needless to say, we are having some “weather” out my way.

Took Max out in it this morning. He laughed and talked the entire time. For those nay sayers who give me a hard time for taking him out in the rain, I say I would be depriving him of a valuable life experience. If he fussed or cried, it would be one thing. He is happy to be out and looking around, regardless of the weather.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

It's just raining like crazy there in CA isn't it??!! Eek! Glad to hear Max likes solids and hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night soon!