Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Formula #3, third time is the charm?

I started Max on yet another formula today. This is our third. One day and 2 oz. in and I’m thinking this one may be the charm. We’ve been mixing 2 oz. of formula with 4 oz. of breast milk. On the other formula’s Max would get gassy and fussy in the afternoon and evening after having it. He wasn’t napping/sleeping well because he kept waking up with gas pains that I would have to help work out and/or shove Mylicon down his throat. Today, he was just fine. It was the Good Start Soy Formula. I’m thinking the little guy may be a tad lactose intolerant? The soy based one seems to have the best reaction so far. We will do the 2 oz./4 oz. mix for another few days to see how things go and if they keep going well gradually increase. It will be a relief to be able to have him on formula full time when I have to go out of town because I don’t think I have enough milk stored right now. I have only pumped once or twice since I have been back to work from the holidays. We have been working off of my previous store, but I am starting to get low and haven’t had time or energy to pump. Plus, once I get him set with the formula, I can start re-introducing the foods. I’m really hoping this one does work cause I was running out of options.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Yay! :) Glad that you may have found the right formula for you guys!

I wanted to post on your last post but I keep getting an error...you have such a beautiful family! :) And thanks for the birth announcement, beautiful! I have it on my fridge. :)