Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Nigh Nigh

What’s a momma to do when these words are whispered by your son as he pulls his blankie from his crib as you are preparing his bath and his bedtime is still at least 40 minutes off?

Max: Nigh Nigh

Me: You want to go night night? What about your bath? You don’t want to take a bath?

Max: Nigh Nigh (as he holds onto his blankie with one hand and his crib with his other)

So, I put him to bed in the clothes he had on, then realize I needed to put a fresh diaper so changed him into his PJ’s as he was sucking down his cup of milk.

Do I think it was the right thing to do? Absolutely! Did I pay this morning with an early morning 4 am wake up call? Yes!! Was the wake up call even more painful than usual because I had taken a Vicodin AND Benadryl at 3 am? Hell Yes!!!

I think I actually dozed on the couch a bit while he padded around and watched a DVD. I’m STILL dragging. Very, very tired.

No comments: