Friday, October 13, 2006

Let’s Vote

Why don’t we vote on the best title for this entry? Anyone game?

A. cd2 lab results
B. Mystery Solved
C. the news just gets better and better
D. All of the Above

I finally got my cd2 labs back.

FSH = 6
E2 = 46
Inhibin B = 7

Let me do a quick rating of these numbers.

FSH = 6 = Very Good
E2 = 46 = Good/Decent
Inhibin B = 7 = HORRIBLE

Got to love Dr. N....
"Inhibin B level was 7 which is lower than we would like (Day 3 inhibin B levels should be over 40 pg/ml to suggest good ovarian reserve.). This is consistent with the response we have seeing in you".
The master of understatement.

Dr. N wants to stim me hard. Even harder than what we have in the past, which was pretty hard. I'm not sure there is value in that since the amount of stims doesn't seem to make a difference. I need to do more research. The only reference to any kind of treatment I have seen so far is prednisone and Dexamethasone. Prednisone and Dex are both corticosteroids. Interestingly enough, low Inhibin B seems to be a cause of early m/c. And, the only cycle carried to term, so far anyway, is one where I was on dex.

I wish I could find some natural way to increase Inhibin B since I have several months with which to do so.

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

lol Deb, I have NO clue what the letters and numbers stand for, so my vote is....

FSH isn't short form for fish (and then an explanation of the fertility world! lol)

Glad you are feeling better :-)

Jen said...

You are so right, we should get together :)

Sounds like your little boy is getting so big!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well :)