Sunday, September 07, 2008

Two's are easier than three's

It occurred to me that Max's behavior didn't have anything to do with me napping or not or my better attitude, it had to do with the fact that it was all about him. There was no reason for him to act out and push the limits because he was getting all of my attention after my nap. Sigh. I've heard from many who have BTDT before that terrible two's be darn, three is a harder year. We are only a few weeks into it his 3rd year and granted there are a lot of changes underway at home with the babes home, starting preschool, and probably not feeling well, but...so far I agree...three is going to be a harder more challenging year on many fronts with Max. I need to dig deep into reserves to be the type of mom I want to be with him and help guide him on acceptable behavior without ineffetive yelling. Some of it just comes with the territory, but I just need to do better.

No comments: