Monday, December 19, 2005

Vd1

Vacation Day 1. Yahoo!! Great to have no work. I didn’t accomplish much. Have I mentioned how much more productive I was before I had a kid? It’s true. Could be that the kid doesn’t sleep. Really. I don’t sleep much and he sleeps only slightly more than me and he is only 4 months old for crying out loud. I should probably disclose up front that I opened a bottle of wine a few hours ago and am well into it. I was a bit tipsy after a glass. I am about half a bottle down right now. I think I may be on my way to getting drunk. What a light weight I have become.

Said kid just woke up. He fell asleep while I was talking on the phone and sipping a bit of vino. Put him to bed and before I got one paragraph typed he was calling. Good thing I love the kid so much. LOL. He only slept 25 min. all day today. It’s no wonder I never get anything done anymore. He is big enough that he can lie on the Kushie’s pillow and eat while I have 2 hands free to type. Can’t reach the wine glass at the moment, but that is probably a good thing.

Today, I accomplished 2 things. And, Naomi was here for most of the day, I wrapped Christmas presents and treated myself to a massage. That’s it. That’s all I got done. If you don’t count walking the dogs twice, feeding my kid on demand (Naomi did give a bottle while I was laying naked on the table two towns away), talking on the phone, and making goo goo eyes to my little guy. One should get more done on a vacation day with paid help. Maybe, but not me.

Said guy is now done eating. Very tired. Wants love and attention. Got to go. Good thing I have my whit’s about me. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a nap strike to me! God I hate those!